× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access data folder - Readynas 212

Nickster3344
Aspirant

Can't access data folder - Readynas 212

I am on a Mac and logged into readynas admin page as admin.

I  used to be able to browse the data folder, but I must have messed up something and now I can only see "Home Folders" and each folder only has user accounts and snapshot folders (all empty). 

The data definitely exists as I can still access it with Plex and can see the space used in the admin page.  

I am also trying to access it using smb://localipaddress/data/ but that has now stopped working too.

I am at my wits end as I need to be able to access it remotely as I am going away in a few days 😞

Can anyone help?

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Can't access data folder - Readynas 212

There is a script you can run from SSH that will likely fix the issue if it's not caused by a too-full OS partition.  If the OS partition is too full, it could do more damage than good to try.  The script is located here: share_lun_ui_fix.sh .

We've seen quite a few of this issue lately, and I don't remmeber ever seeing it more than a year or so ago, so Netgear really should try to figure out what's happening.  On 100 series NAS, I could believe out of memory issues, but that shouldn't happen on your 200 series.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Nickster3344 wrote:

I  used to be able to browse the data folder, but I must have messed up something and now I can only see "Home Folders" and each folder only has user accounts and snapshot folders (all empty). 

Are you seeing errors reported in the log page of the web ui or in the full log zip?  For instance, a full root volume?

Do you have a backup of the files?

What firmware are you running?

Message 2 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

There is a script you can run from SSH that will likely fix the issue if it's not caused by a too-full OS partition.  If the OS partition is too full, it could do more damage than good to try.  The script is located here: share_lun_ui_fix.sh .

We've seen quite a few of this issue lately, and I don't remmeber ever seeing it more than a year or so ago, so Netgear really should try to figure out what's happening.  On 100 series NAS, I could believe out of memory issues, but that shouldn't happen on your 200 series.

Message 3 of 7
Nickster3344
Aspirant

I don't see anything in the web interface logs or in the zip logs that would indicate any issues.

No backups.

The firmware version is 6.10.4

Message 4 of 7
Nickster3344
Aspirant

Not sure how to SSH in, it's a bit above my pay grade 🙂

Message 5 of 7
Nickster3344
Aspirant

Actually ignore that previous reply.  I managed to work out how to ssh in with terminal and ran the script and IT WORKED :))))

Thanks, you are a life saver!

Message 6 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

I'm glad.  The "trick" you may have had to figure out is to log in as root, not admin.

I intentionally don't give a lot of instructions when I point to the script (not my script, BTW) since if you don't know how, you probably shouldn't be trying.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements