× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to MySQL server

rybackisback
Aspirant

Can't connect to MySQL server

I am trying to setup an SQL database on my readynas RN516 to service multiple XBMC machines. I have installed mySQL server and phpmyadmin. I have created a user xbmc with full privileges and port forwarded port 3306 in my router.

But xbmc is unable to create a database - I get the error "Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.22' (10061)". I tried to telnet into the server on port 3306 and it is not open.

I tried to ssh into the server to change the "bind address" but once I log into root via putty and type in the command /etc/mysql/my.cnf and press "enter" and nothing happens.

Is someone please able to help.......thanks
Message 1 of 5
rybackisback
Aspirant

Re: Can't connect to MySQL server

I have now logged in via root ssh but when enter the command /etc/mysql/my.cnf I get the error -bash: /etc/mysql/my.cnf: Permission denied

can someone help please?
Message 2 of 5
rybackisback
Aspirant

I cant seem to get any support on this forum...can someone help with my request above?
Message 3 of 5
super_poussin
Virtuoso

You must use vi to edit a file

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Message 4 of 5
rybackisback
Aspirant

Thanks super-poussin. I am not an expert user.

I have had all sorts of issues getting SQL up and running on my RN516. Somehow it works now but not all the time. After a firmware update or reboot MySQL server does not restart and I have to go into the app window move the switch to "on" but keep stopping for no reason the switch goes back to "off" on its own. Also sometimes I get app intialisation error

Am I supposed toedit the my.cnf file for bind address? I am unable to locate my.cnf file to edit it.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements