× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get correct replacement part from support

egoff
Aspirant

Can't get correct replacement part from support

I have a ReadyNAS 3100 under warranty, with a failing power supply. I've had a case open with Netgear support for 25 days. It took about 2 weeks for them to agree the power supply needed to be replaced, then they sent me the wrong power supply (I received one for a ReadyNAS 1100). 8 days later, after multiple case updates and phone calls, they still have failed to issue a new RMA for the correct power supply. Unbelievable.
Message 1 of 4
chirpa
Luminary

Re: Can't get correct replacement part from support

I've pinged siigna to take a look. Whats your case number?
Message 2 of 4
beisser1
Aspirant

his casenumber is 19548759

according to the system the correct part should have shipped.
must be something with warehouse stock.

lets wait what siigna says.
Message 3 of 4
egoff
Aspirant

I think it's much more than a warehouse problem. The RMA printout that I received along with the wrong power supply had the part # as RNRPPSU1-10000S. If you google this, you get lots of results saying it's a power supply for a ReadyNAS 3100. However, the images that come up in searches for RNRPPSU1-10000S are NOT of a ReadyNAS 3100 power supply, but rather they are pictures of the same incorrect power supply I was sent--which I believe, after some investigating, is actually for a ReadyNAS 1100. (It looks nothing like the 3100 power supply.) *I* had to give *Netgear* the part number for their own part before they would do anything to resolve the mess. This meant I had to pull a still-functioning power supply (it was being replaced because the logs showed intermittent failure) from a live production NAS with critical data on it, in order to give Netgear a part number for their own part that they couldn't manage to find themselves. (The right part # is PWS-451-1R.) And after providing them the part # yesterday, at the end of the day today I STILL DON'T KNOW IF IT'S SHIPPED YET. This isn't the kind of support that goes along with "enterprise-class" hardware.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements