× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot Discover ReadyNAS 2120 using ReadyCloud nor RAIDar

dianam
Follower

Cannot Discover ReadyNAS 2120 using ReadyCloud nor RAIDar

Hello,

I recently purchased a ReadyNAS 2120, installed two new hard-disks, installed it in my rack and ran the procedures to discover the NAS.

Although I used both the remote procedure (via readycloud.netgear.com) and the local procedure (with RAIDar) I was not able to discover the readyNAS.

I also tried to insert the serial number in the MyNETGEAR account but since the readyNAS I bought was used, it says that the product was already registered so I cannot link it to my account.

How can I solve the problem?

Of course now I am the owner of the readyNAS so I should be able to "claim" the serial number and link it to my account.

Please give feedbacks!

Message 1 of 3
Hopchen
Prodigy

Re: Cannot Discover ReadyNAS 2120 using ReadyCloud nor RAIDar

Hi dianam,

Firstly, the discovery. As the NAS is a new setup (as far as I can read) - did you do the factory default procedure first? Or did you simply boot it up? If you insert new HDDs into the NAS and you want to do a new clean setup then you need to do a factory default first. NOTE: That will erase all data so be careful if there is any existing data on those disks that you need.

Second, the registration. How did you get the NAS? Did you purchase it second hand or did you buy it from a resller directly (like Amazon, etc.)?

Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot Discover ReadyNAS 2120 using ReadyCloud nor RAIDar

If the only hard disks in the NAS are new (i.e. blank and unformatted) it should automatically do a factory reset.

However if the NAS considers the disks as used it will not. A factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) via the boot menu is definitely worth a try.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements