× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot find time machine backup files

Joel0530
Aspirant

Cannot find time machine backup files

I'm using ReadyNAS 422 (using 6.10.3) to back up one Windows and 2 Apple computers.  Set up separate Users (all as admin) and separate shares for each computer.  Set up a private Time Machine for each Mac (running Catalina 10.15.3). 

Windows computer backed up fine and the backup file is visible.  Each Mac also seemed to backup fine, and to update fine after original backup, but cannot find the backup files on the selected shares, users or anywhere in any files, share or folder on the NAS.  Have followed a couple of threads that reported similar porblems, one of which said it was resolved using SSH protocol.  Tried that (to the extent I understood it) but got nowhere.  Did not have this problem before most recent NAS update to 6.10.3.

Would be grateful for any help.

Model: RN4220S|ReadyNAS 4220 2xSFP+ (chassis only)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cannot find time machine backup files

You could try access the full data volume (using finder with the NAS admin credentials).  That might help you find the backups.

Message 2 of 4
Joel0530
Aspirant

Thanks.  I should have mentioned I tried that, too but still unable to see the time machine files in any folder.  Can see the Windows backup file in its share.

Message 3 of 4
LeighNorman
Aspirant

Wow, it’s very helpful blog for comments. Will try to follow all these stuff!

MyGroundBiz

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements