× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot map drive

WTF123
Follower

Cannot map drive

This drive is not NEARLY as intuitive as the Synology, all I want is to map this drive on my PCs so it shows up in "my computer" as a drive letter, allot of BLA BLA about cloud this and cloud that but nothing very directly understandable to an idiot like myself.

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot map drive

Hello WTF123,

This may help: How to map a Network Drive (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Mac OS X)

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
David-YKS
Tutor

To make this work as a mapped network drive on your computer, do you need to setup a static IP address for the NAS?

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204 4-Bay,RN20442D|ReadyNAS204 4-Bay 4x2TB Desktop Drive
Message 3 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi WTF123,

It is not required but it would be better if the ReadyNAS a permanent (static) IP address for ease of access. Also, routers have the capability to reserve an IP address to a network device that is connected to it via LAN or WLAN.

Kind regards,

BrianL

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@BrianL2 wrote:

...Also, routers have the capability to reserve an IP address to a network device that is connected to it via LAN or WLAN.

I recommend this approach if your router supports it.  It simplifies IP address management, and makes it a bit easier if you switch to a router with a different IP address range.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements