× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Certificates after upgrade to 6.10.4

JanHussaarts2
Apprentice

Certificates after upgrade to 6.10.4

I have my own domain and run Owncloud on my NAS.

After upgrading to 6.10.4 my Let's Encrypt certificate solution is no longer working.

The NAS is offering its own local certificate to any client trying to acces it.

How can the old situation be repaired without downgrading to 6.10.3?

Message 1 of 5
JanHussaarts2
Apprentice

Re: Certificates after upgrade to 6.10.4

When I looked into the /etc/frontview/apache folder I noticed all changes I had made were gone. Files replaced by the original ones I think.

So I stopped appache, recreated the ssl.conf file and created a new chain.pem and restarted apache. Everything seemed to be working properly again.

There is one problem. In the near future I cannot use certbot-auto anymore. I wil have to install snapd (whatever...) and do some configuration. Me not being a linux expert, that is going to be a challenge. Can't Netgear supply some simple instructions for the use of real certificates?

Message 2 of 5
el_patron
Tutor

Just ran in the same situation... The nasty thing is, that snapd is not installing on the Readynas with OS 6.10.4. Its debian version is  outdated...

Are there any solutions on the horizon for a supported letsencrypt installation on the readynas or an upgrade to a newer debian version..?

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 3 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

I put a suggestion for an easy way to install certificates in the Idea Exchange years ago, even suggesting LetsEncrypt as a good option..  It has a few kudos, but nothing but crickets from Netgear.

Message 4 of 5
JanHussaarts2
Apprentice

In the Lets Encrypt community many people are complaining about the obligation to use snapd.

It seems te be an immature and unstable product that is not suited for production environments.

CertBot is maintained by another party.

I suppose the only way to keep using Lets Encrypt is the manual method:-(

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements