× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Duo v1 + 4.1.13 + APC UPS

drc15
Aspirant

Duo v1 + 4.1.13 + APC UPS

Hi,

I have an APC UPS Backup ES 700VA. It's connected only to a Netgear ReadyNAS Duo v1, nothing else is connected to the UPS.

But now when the NAS is running (not asleep) the UPS beeps every say 15minutes for about 10 seconds. I have tried connecting the UPS to my PC via USB and installing the PowerChute software but then the beeps do not occur and the software says the UPS is fine. The UPS is 3yrs and 3 months old. APC have recommended a new battery.

Frontview reads "APC Back-UPS ES 700G, Battery charge: 100%, 61 minutes" - so the NAS seems happy and it does not report any problems in the logs.

But I can't help but wonder if it's the new ReadyNas firmware, as I can't remember if this occured before I upgraded this week to 4.1.13 - could just be co-incidence.

Anybody come across this problem, or got issues with the new firmware?

Thanks

Daniel
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I am not sure I totally understand the facts here.

(a) when the duo power is connected to the UPS, and the USB is totally disconnected, are you hearing beeps?
(b) when the USB is connected to the PC, do you still have the Duo power connected to the UPS?
Message 2 of 4
drc15
Aspirant

Sorry, it is confusing.

a). That's right I don't hear any beeps. I didn't totally disconnect the USB socket as I had it connected to the PC to monitor it on PowerChute.
b). Yes, I still had the UPS powering just the NAS.

I do have another APC 400 I could test on, but that does not have the USB socket.

Thanks
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

It seems unlikely to be the battery if the disconnecting the USB from the NAS makes the beeps disappear.

Maybe downgrade the NAS firmware, and see if the problem disappears. What were you running before?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements