× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fastest connection for ReadyNAS 626x to nighthawk r9000 router?

MasterDiver69
Aspirant

Fastest connection for ReadyNAS 626x to nighthawk r9000 router?

I am trying to figure out the fastest connection between my ReadyNAS 626 and my Nighthawk 9000.  I don't care about redundancy.  I just want the fastest speed.  I see that the R9000 has a 10G LAN SFP+ port.  And the 626 has a 10 Gigabit Ethernet port. I assume that there should be a way to connect those ports together to get max throughput.  Can anyone help me out with this?  Thank you

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Fastest connection for ReadyNAS 626x to nighthawk r9000 router?

It does seem rather short-sighted that Netgear didn't coordinate their 10 GB home networking roadmap with the ReadyNas roadmap, especially when they put 10G LAN SFP+ port for fast NAS access on the router datasheet.

You might be able to find an SFP+ to 10GBASE-T transceiver.  If not you'd need to get a 10GBASE-T switch, and place that between the router and the NAS.  For instance, the Netgear XS708Ev2 has both SFP+ and 10GBASE-T ports.

Both of these solutions are pricey.  You can try using NIC bonding for free - it will give some performance boost when you have multiple users, though it's statistical.  With LACP, each dataflow is routed through one of the two gigabit connections, so if there aren't many dataflows the load on the two connections isn't balanced.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements