× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hard Drive Upgrade

stgeorge
Guide

Hard Drive Upgrade

So I recently needed to move to 2tb drives from 1tb drives redundant in my sparc based readynas storage device because I was showing about 84% utilization of a 1tb drive in redundancy. 

Accordingly, I purchased two new 2tb drives that were listed on the compatability chart for this device.  Firstly, I hotswapped disk no. #2 and waited for it to fully mirror / create a fully redundant drive #1.  Once that was completed, I hotswapped drive no. #1 and waited for it to become fully redundant once again. 

Now I'm thinking that I'd be around 45% utilization of a 2tb redundant nas... and the volumes are showing the correct size (slightly less than 2tb), but the raid (redundant) level continues to indicate 84% utilization of 1tb (even though both drives are 2tb) ??

Any thoughts as to how to get it to recognize the full size of the new drives would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Message 1 of 5
cpu8088
Virtuoso

Re: Hard Drive Upgrade

just switch off the nas and power on again

Message 2 of 5
stgeorge
Guide

Thought of that one already... sorry, I should have mentioned that I did reboot the nas, but still no recognition of the fact that the disk space has now doubled.  After reboot- I'm showing RAID level X redundant at 80% of 964 gb [the old 1tb drive size], but if I look at each volume, it is indeed showing 1863 gb [the new 2tb disk size].

Anyone have another thought?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
cpu8088
Virtuoso

u have to wait until resync is complete

Message 4 of 5
stgeorge
Guide

You are right!  After a few minutes of it getting rebooted.... now showing 41% of the 2tb size in redundancy- all good!  THANKS!!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements