× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How I solved my ReadyCloud problem after switching from DCHP to static IP

Madmax1963
Aspirant

How I solved my ReadyCloud problem after switching from DCHP to static IP

Today I changed my IP from DHCP to a static IP and as soon as I did that my NAS disappeared from ReadyCloud. After reading a few threads about people having the same problems I had I took the fallowing steps and was able to solve the problem (using OS ver. 6.4.2) :

1- After changing to static IP I tried clicked NAS firmware  check for update link to check I my NAS had an internet connection, since I did not get the usual " Update System Manager " Prompt saying that my OS is up to date I figured that my NAS had no internet access. After researching some more on the web I discovered that I had not added my DNS server IP address to the NAS, so I went back to the Network configuration area and added the IP for my DNS server (in my case it was same address as my router).

If you are running a windows computer and you would like to know your DNS IP address, then  open the command prompt window and type in (without colons) " ipconfig /all" then just hit enter. After hitting enter you will receive all the network related info with regards to your pc. Look under the parameter that says "Ethernet Parameter Ethernet" , under this parameter you will find the IP add. of your gateway as well as the IP for the DNS server among other things.

Once I had my DNS IP I added it to the NAS. To be on the safe side I rebooted the NAS after adding the DNS address. Once again I checked to see If my NAS had internet access and this time when I clicked on the update link for the firmware and this time I did receive the confirmation that I was using the latest version of the OS...Ok, now my NAS has internet access.

2- When I logged to the ready cloud I was finally able to get my NAS discovered, but I did have to press the backup button a few times in able for Readycloud to find my NAS.

3- Now that ReadyCloud found my NAS when I clicked both the home and manage button I was greeted by the unpleasant message stating that I had no NAS registered. 

4- After searching some more on the Internet, I decided to delete my account from ReadyCloud and create a new one (using my old name and password); also before deleting my account I logged out from all my Readycloud apps (PC, Phones, etc) and used the Readycloud web portal to delete and create my account.

5- After creating a new account, I went to the NAS admin page and also added a new DNS, 8.8.8.8. After adding the new DNS I rebooted my NAS once again. 

6- Finally and before logging to ReadyCloud with my new account, I when to the Admin page for my NAS and into the cloud tab, once there I turned off the readycloud app in the NAS and after I also turned off the ReadyNas remote app. After turning off both apps i proceeded to turn on the ReadyCloud app and once I did I was prompted to give my user and password for my ReadyCloud account which I did. ReadyNas remote was turned on automatically after activating the ReadyCloud App.

7- My next step was to log into my ReadyCloud web portal and see if ReadyCloud could find my NAS and it did, when I went into the Home screen all my info was there and same thing when I went into the Manage screen.

Hope this information helps anyone who is having problems with ReadyCloud after switching from DHCP to Fixed IP. 

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: How I solved my ReadyCloud problem after switching from DCHP to static IP

Hi,

I had this UI bug addressed in 6.5.0.

Previously, when you switched from DHCP to static, we would show you the DHCP DNS IP address even when on static. When you saved and went back into the adapter, you would not see any DNS servers. Now in 6.5.0, we will display you the "Static DNS IP config" when on Static, and the "DHCP DNS IP config" when using DHCP... 

This is actually a common problem that 6.5.0 should help fix (by allowing you to acknowledge there are no DNS servers when switching to static). Everyone who switched before hand will still need to go in and manually put in a DNS server. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

I had this UI bug addressed in 6.5.0.

Previously, when you switched from DHCP to static, we would show you the DHCP DNS IP address even when on static. When you saved and went back into the adapter, you would not see any DNS servers. Now in 6.5.0, we will display you the "Static DNS IP config" when on Static, and the "DHCP DNS IP config" when using DHCP... 

This is actually a common problem that 6.5.0 should help fix (by allowing you to acknowledge there are no DNS servers when switching to static). Everyone who switched before hand will still need to go in and manually put in a DNS server. 

Message 2 of 3
Madmax1963
Aspirant

That is certainly great news to hear, since the way it is now can be a bit confusing...excellent !!!!!

MadMax1963

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements