× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I interface with my RND4000?

Helpdesk-Kerry
Aspirant

How do I interface with my RND4000?

I am a replacement IT here. I have almost no notes to work from and I have never used a NAS.

How do I interface with my RND4000? I tried putting the IP in a web browser and get "Unable to connect".

I believe that the NAS is supposed to be "hosted" on one of my servers. How do I determine what the server is?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Helpdesk-Kerry,

Then it should be accessible. Maybe, try another computer if after reboot it doesn't still open?

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Helpdesk-Kerry,

Welcome to the community!

It needs to have disk/s in order to work, the OS and data are stored to the disk/s.

You may need to use RAIDar first to see its current status, if it obtained a valid IP address from the network and detected the disks you have inserted. It will also show the current firmware version. If the FW version starts with 4.1.x, this means it is a ReadyNAS NV+v1, if it starts with 5.3.x, it is a ReadyNAS NV+v2.

Here are the manuals:

ReadyNAS NV+v1 software manual

ReadyNAS NV+v2 software manual

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
Helpdesk-Kerry
Aspirant

Thanks Jen,

The NAS is already in use when I took the job.

I just wanted to examine how much free space there is or check the health if that's an option. Can't do that from windows explorer - that just shows me the files and folders.

I am downloading RAIDar to see what that gives me. It looks like maybe I need to find out what server has RAIDiator installed on it.

Message 3 of 8
Helpdesk-Kerry
Aspirant

I ran the RAIDar software and discovered the NAS to be a ReadyNAS NV+v1 in good health with 4 drives and green checkmarks. Thank you for that

The Admin Page button launches a web page that is still unable to connect...

The other NAS box (ReadyNAS 316) also shows up and the Admin Page button gets me in to that one.

Message 4 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Helpdesk-Kerry,

When it detected your ReadyNAS NV+, did you see browse button? What happened when you clicked it?

How's the LED activities, by the way?

Regards,

Message 5 of 8
Helpdesk-Kerry
Aspirant

The other 2 buttons on RAIDar work fine.

The browse button opens an instance of windows explorer to what appears to be the root of all the shares or folders. Exactly the same as when I was putting \\mynas1\folder1\folder... into the address field of windows explorer.

The locate button blinks the LEDs as expected.otherwise the four LEDs are on steady.

Maybe she needs a reboot... That would have to wait for the weekend.

Message 6 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Helpdesk-Kerry,

Then it should be accessible. Maybe, try another computer if after reboot it doesn't still open?

Regards,

Message 7 of 8
Helpdesk-Kerry
Aspirant

Thank you for all your help Jenn. I really appreciate it.

I already tried accessing the Admin Page from another computer by putting the IP address in IE. it didn't open up from there either. Let's hope this weekend tells the tale. I have to upgrade a couple of switches and clean up wiring Sunday. Yay.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements