× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issue with Warranty

Delgado0924
Aspirant

Issue with Warranty

Hello,

I was going through to make sure all of my warranties were up to snuff and I have run across an issue with one of my NAS'. In my account it says I have all the support options available to me except for the chat option. I tried to create a case to get that fixed but it says my complementary support has expired. However, when I look up the S/N I have support on everything until 2023. I tried contacting support but I have to create a case online but I can't due to this issue. Has anyone ever run up against this?

What I see when I check the warranty of the S/N at https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/Product_WarrantyCheck.aspx

snapshot43 new.png

What I see in our account.

snapshot44 new.pngsnapshot45 new.png

Message 1 of 23
StephenB
Guru

Try emailing customer.service@netgear.com

Message 2 of 23
Delgado0924
Aspirant

Thank you I will try that out.

Message 3 of 23
Delgado0924
Aspirant

I sent an email to the address suggested but I have not heard a peep back not even a canned auto response that my email was received.

Message 4 of 23
StephenB
Guru

@Delgado0924 wrote:

I sent an email to the address suggested but I have not heard a peep back not even a canned auto response that my email was received.

Hopefully @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V will help.

Message 5 of 23
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Delgado0924,

You may PM (private message) me the device serial number and the email you used in registering the device so we can check the issue.

Regards,

Message 6 of 23
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Delgado0924,

I see here on our end that the chat support for your RR4312X0 is still active. Can you try deactivating the product on your MyNETGEAR portal and register it again? Here is the link for the steps on how to deactivate a product.

Regards,

Message 7 of 23
Delgado0924
Aspirant

I will give that a shot and let you know how it goes.

Message 8 of 23
Delgado0924
Aspirant

John,

This is what I see now.

snapshot46.png

I also no longer see my advanced support when I run the S/N against the Warranty check

snapshot47.png

Message 9 of 23
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Delgado0924,

Upon checking the warranty information for this model, it appears that warranty status is already correct. The hardware warranty of that device model is 5 years and the support warranty for 90 days. You may check this link as well for reference.

We have also corrected the device model number to the actual model number, which is the RR4312S6.

Regards,

Message 10 of 23
Delgado0924
Aspirant

Before I re registered the product. I had Oncall 24x7 5 years phone support which we purchased through CDW which is now gone. How do I get that back and how can I get phone support when I call the number it says I have to create a ticket online first which I can't because of this issue so I am stuck in an endless loop. It really makes no sense honestly.

Message 11 of 23
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Delgado0924,

I see. We have fixed it already. Can you check again the warranty entitlement on the My Products page?

Regards,

Message 12 of 23
Delgado0924
Aspirant

I see the support back for the 24x7 on the warranty check but when I tried to create a dummy case and it is telling to purchase support and I don't see it in my support options or warranty information when I click on the product.

Message 13 of 23
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Delgado0924,

Thank you for the feedback. We will check on this one. This is could be a bug. We will provide you an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Message 14 of 23
Delgado0924
Aspirant

Sounds good. Thanks for the help John!

Message 15 of 23
Delgado0924
Aspirant

Good morning,

I just wanted to see if there was any update regarding this issue. I see I have chat support back but I no longer have my advanced support or phone and email support.

Message 16 of 23
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Delgado0924,

I have not received any feedback yet regarding this. I have already sent a follow-up about this issue.

Regards,

Message 17 of 23
Delgado0924
Aspirant

Good afternoon,

I just wanted to follow up on this. It seem like everything is right execpt for the Advanced Support / Hardware Contracts we had purchased.

Warranty status in account:

https://imgur.com/a/pv3J5jG

Warranty status with Netgear Warranty Check:

https://imgur.com/a/XVnoNRX

Message 18 of 23
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Delgado0924,

We did a change on the contract. Can you check if the issue is fixed?

Regards,

Message 19 of 23
Delgado0924
Aspirant

John,

Sadly I still do not see anything under Advanced Support / Hardware Contracts. Everything under Standard Product Warranty looks correct though.

Message 20 of 23
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Delgado0924,

I see. Thank you for the feedback. Is this issue still preventing you from opening a support case?

Regards,

Message 21 of 23
Delgado0924
Aspirant

I can create cases now. But I would like to make sure I have that warranty as we paid for that support. As long as Netgear sees it on your end and it is tied to our account I am fine with that.

Thanks

Message 22 of 23
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Delgado0924,

Yes, we can see your contracts on our end. It is a good thing that you can now create cases.

We have submitted a new ticket to engineering regarding the latest issue on your account so they can investigate it as well.

Regards,

Message 23 of 23
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements