× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Maximum Drive capacity

srinet
Aspirant

Maximum Drive capacity

Hi, I am using RN2120 with 4x3TB drives. I want to upgrade it with higher capacity drives. Currently it is running on ReadyNas ver 6.9.3.

1) I want to know the maximum size of hard disk size it can accept on single bay and what is the maximum raw capacity of RN2120.

2) How do I know if my RN2120 is RN2120V2 ?

Thanks.

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Maximum Drive capacity

Hi @srinet

Welcome to the Community!

Checking the HCL, suggested drives are at a max capacity of 12TB so you can use 4x12TB for your RN2120. 12TB is currently the largest capacity available for a hard drive.

If you have installed RAIDar or if you login to your RN2120 Admin page it should show RN2120v2 as label for the model. RN2120v2 has an updated processor than the v1 but they have the same compatible disks available. You can also check the product label it should show RN2120-200.

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @srinet

Welcome to the Community!

Checking the HCL, suggested drives are at a max capacity of 12TB so you can use 4x12TB for your RN2120. 12TB is currently the largest capacity available for a hard drive.

If you have installed RAIDar or if you login to your RN2120 Admin page it should show RN2120v2 as label for the model. RN2120v2 has an updated processor than the v1 but they have the same compatible disks available. You can also check the product label it should show RN2120-200.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 4
srinet
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for the quick and candid reply.

Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your RN2120 (4-bay rackmount NAS running ReadyNAS OS 6 e.g. 6.9.3) should not be confused with the RND2120 (which was a 2-bay desktop ReadyNAS, the ReadyNAS Duo with 1x2TB disk pre-installed at the factory) which is a very different NAS model running legacy RAIDiator firmware.

In the case of the Duo there's a much bigger difference between its v1 and v2.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements