× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetgearRN212 offline. Can't access readycloud

JMEAST
Aspirant

NetgearRN212 offline. Can't access readycloud

I moved the NAS into a different office room and internet is connected via a different access point in the wall. I now can't access NAS as it just says Offline. I urgently need to have access to ready cloud but have no idea on how to make it online and accessible. All lights seem to be on the box, the internet is working. I have admin rights.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JMEAST
Aspirant

Re: NetgearRN212 offline. Can't access readycloud

Hi all

I finally got an IT guy in and he reckoned I'd plugged the network plug in the wrong hole at the back of the NAS. After much restarting and reinputting passwords, it finally worked. I hate technology!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
xiao123
NETGEAR Expert

@JMEAST wrote:

I moved the NAS into a different office room and internet is connected via a different access point in the wall. I now can't access NAS as it just says Offline. I urgently need to have access to ready cloud but have no idea on how to make it online and accessible. All lights seem to be on the box, the internet is working. I have admin rights.

Hi JMEAST,

Please check your readycloud service was on or off(see attachment), if its off, then check dns server and gateway setting, set dns to be 8.8.8.8, turn on readycloud service again.

Message 2 of 7
JMEAST
Aspirant

It says ON.

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

And you are seeing confirmation of both internet and cloud service on the cloud page of the web ui?

Also, what firmware are you running.

Message 4 of 7
JMEAST
Aspirant

Hi all

I finally got an IT guy in and he reckoned I'd plugged the network plug in the wrong hole at the back of the NAS. After much restarting and reinputting passwords, it finally worked. I hate technology!

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@JMEAST wrote:

Hi all

Both ethernet ports function identically, but they might have been manually configured differently in the NAS.  Also your enterprise firewall rules or DHCP server might be set up for one specific NIC.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted out.  You might stick a label on the back of the chassis, to prevent this from happening in the future.

Message 6 of 7
JMEAST
Aspirant

label already stuck on !

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements