× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAIDiator 4.2.20(x86) -Backup ReadyNAS's configuration files

cabecadas
Aspirant

RAIDiator 4.2.20(x86) -Backup ReadyNAS's configuration files

Hi all,

I've installed from previous version, to latest RAIDiator 4.2.20 (x86) in my Ready NAS Pro Bussiness a week ago.
After this week, Because of disk failure issues (Not related with that) I needed to recreate the my old same X-Raid2 and identical volume.
And I did it with telefonic support of NETGEAR, reinstalling all system from factory. We left the system syncing new disks for the last hours.
Now I want to restore my Backup ReadyNAS's configuration file "System_log-NAS-20110924-104137.zip" created older version of radiator, but after I chose the file on front page and restore the system tell me to reboot and after that all remains equal. NOT RESTORED!

Some one as the same problem?
Can be a Bug in the new RAIDiator?
By the way (it's not this case) but if we try to restor from a very old config file how can we know if the new RAIDiator accepts that config file?

Tank you
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAIDiator 4.2.20(x86) -Backup ReadyNAS's configuration f

Did you unzip the config backup then zip it backup again?

If you did, note the following: If you had a folder System_log-NAS... you need to zip up the contents of this folder (e.g. the "etc" folder) but not the folder itself. If you zipped up System_log... when it restored it would restore to /System_log.../etc rather than /etc

After you restore the old config successfully you may need to do an OS Re-install (http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how_do_i_use_the_boot_menu) in order for new features in Frontview (web-admin interface of the NAS) to work.
Message 2 of 5
cabecadas
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
Did you unzip the config backup then zip it backup again?

No I did not.
Should I do it?

Anyway I saw now the inside de Zip file, and there is no folders inside of it, just *.log files and some *.conf

Tankyou
Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

No.

Oops. You confused the logs from the NAS with Config. Look for a zip file with ReadyNAS_Config in the name.
Message 4 of 5
cabecadas
Aspirant

Ohh sorry
you are absolutely right! my confusion!
thankyou!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos