× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN524x Memory Upgrade

Hmarrero
Aspirant

RN524x Memory Upgrade

Looking for some help on compatible memory for my ReadyNas 524x.  I know it suggest DDR4 UDIMM ECC, I went to my local Microcenter and they told me it some type of special memory, has any one upgraded there readynas 524x and could advise of a brand and website to order?  

Model: RN524X|ReadyNAS 524X Premium performance Business Data Storage
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN524x Memory Upgrade

Hi @Hmarrero

It shouldn't damage the board but the performance might be degraded or it might not boot up. That is why it is always advised to perform Memory tests.

Unfortunately we have not performed any tests regarding memory modules so we really cannot say if it is compatible or not 😞

Hope we have helped in anyway, we encourage you to mark our reply as accepted solution if it fits 🙂

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Hmarrero

Welcome to the Community!

3rd party memory upgrades for the ReadyNAS system is not supported by NETGEAR, so there would be no list of compatible memory modules for upgrade but other community who might have upgraded theirs might be able to contribute.

It would be best if you can run Memory test after doing an upgrade on your unit. 

DDR4 UDIMM ECC modules

Supports up to 32GB (2x16GB). Supports up to DDR4-1866.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 5
Hmarrero
Aspirant

Thank you Marc,  I'm still new at this, which is the correct pin size (260) or (288)

Would you know if this chip can work for me?

Kingston 16GB DDR4-2400Mhz Dram (Desktop Memory) 1.2V

ECC DIMM (260-pin) KCP424ED8/16

Having a hard time finding one, I know its only a suggestion and I'm doing this at my own risk.

One more dumb question, If I put incompitable memory would it damage the mother board?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Hmarrero

It shouldn't damage the board but the performance might be degraded or it might not boot up. That is why it is always advised to perform Memory tests.

Unfortunately we have not performed any tests regarding memory modules so we really cannot say if it is compatible or not 😞

Hope we have helped in anyway, we encourage you to mark our reply as accepted solution if it fits 🙂

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Hmarrero wrote:

I'm still new at this, which is the correct pin size (260) or (288)

I believe you need 288 pins, but you should confirm that.

Even opening the chassis to check this will void the warranty.  If you are sure you want to do this upgrade, then I suggest opening the NAS and looking at the memory that's in there now.  That should resolve your question.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements