× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN626x: Security database on the server does not have a computer.... error

JumpM8
Aspirant

RN626x: Security database on the server does not have a computer.... error

Hello all,

So I am having a really weird issue with my Netgear.  It was working fine than all of sudden I can't connect to any of my folders and gives an error of "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship".  It's conencted via AD and when I try to rejoin the domain and it will usually error out but when it sucessfully joins I still get the same error.

The really weird thing is most of the time while it's trying to join the domain, it starts to work again.  The moment it errors out or even successfully joins, than it stops working and I get that error message.  If I keep doing it over and over, it'll eventually work but sooner or later we lose access again in the near future.

Need help to figure out what is going on.

Thank you

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

One cause here is the date and time settings.

So maybe start by checking that the date and time on both the NAS and the PC are correct (including checking that daylight savings time change was applied to both the NAS and the PC).

Message 2 of 6
JumpM8
Aspirant

Date and time are correct, it's syncing with our domain controller.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Time is correct on both the NAS and the PC?

There are a couple of other suggestions here: https://www.minitool.com/news/security-database-on-server-doesnt-have-computer-account.html

Message 4 of 6
rn_enthusiast
Virtuoso

Check that the NAS machine account is not duplicated somewhere in AD.

Un-join from AD > delete the NAS machine account in AD > check that no other machine accounts exists in AD with that same name > Re-join NAS to AD.

It sounds like a machine account issue to me, somewhere in AD. It could also be DC sync issues perhaps. There are no sync issues with the DCs? You can force a sync as well, I believe MS calls it "replication".

Message 5 of 6
JumpM8
Aspirant

I've already deleted it from AD and rejoined but still same issue.  No sync issues from our DC.  Right now it's working but for how long no one knows.  It stopped worked after a week, we'll see how long this one last.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements