× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 3138 Warranty

DavidCas
Guide

ReadyNAS 3138 Warranty

My ReadyNAS 3138 is no longer booting.  When power is applied, drive 1 LED off, drives 2 & 3 LED green, drive 4 LED red, no status LEDs, fans spinning. I removed the drives, apply power, no status LEDs, fans spinning.  The system was ReadyNAS was working perfectly until this issue started.

My hardware warranty ends on 8/28/2022, but the Netgear online ticket system will not allow me to put in a support ticket.  I'm not sure if the system is having problems, or if my being so close to the end date won't allow the ticket to be created.

Is anyone else having this type of problem with the online support tools?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DavidCas

Was able to escalate and fix the Asset registration. Expert handling your case should process an RMA, you should receive an E-mail to complete the process. Please let me know if this issue is now resolved.

Many thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 16

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Message 2 of 16
DavidCas
Guide

Yes, I did.  I've tried following those steps several times.  When I hit submit, the system returns a 500 error saying that they have an issue on their end.  But, it's been doing that since Friday.  I was hoping others could confirm that it is an actual server error, and not an error based on my warranty end date.

Message 3 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DavidCas

Please send an E-mail to readynassupport@netgear.com this will create a case automatically and be sent to ReadyNAS Support and have your warranty and issue checked. Please provide me the case number as well if possible.

HTH

Message 4 of 16
DavidCas
Guide

Mark,

Thank you for the information.  My case is as follows:

Your Case Details are- 
Case Number - 46165591
Summary - Hardware Support Request
Case Created on - 6/28/2022

David
Message 5 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

thanks for the information 🙂 will be monitoring this case.

Message 6 of 16
DavidCas
Guide

I've attached the document from when we purchased the device.

Message 7 of 16
plemans
Guru

@DavidCas Next time, PM it to the mod so your data isn't in the public domain. 

Message 8 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DavidCas

I have downloaded and forwarded the file, I also removed it on the post. Kindly attached it to the case by attaching it to the email. 

Many thanks

Message 9 of 16
DavidCas
Guide

I just got asked if I wanted to close my case.  I'm not sure why.  Nothing has been done yet.  Do they close the case to move it to another level of support?

Message 10 of 16
DavidCas
Guide

I am no longer getting any responses from the support person that was working with me.  I haven't gotten any e-mails since 7/20.  I'm not sure what else to do.  Any suggestions?

Message 11 of 16
plemans
Guru

@Marc_V any help for this user? 

Message 12 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DavidCas

I will check and see what we can do about your case. I will make sure to update you the soonest.

Message 13 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DavidCas

Was able to escalate and fix the Asset registration. Expert handling your case should process an RMA, you should receive an E-mail to complete the process. Please let me know if this issue is now resolved.

Many thanks!

Message 14 of 16
DavidCas
Guide

@Marc_V 

Yes.  I received the e-mail and have completed the RMA online process.  I'll be sending out the unit today.  I appreciate all of your assistance.  Thank you.

David Cassidy

Message 15 of 16
DavidCas
Guide

The RMA went smoothly.  Thank you for all of the assistance.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements