× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 316 Static IP on IP I no longer have access to??

Minkin
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 316 Static IP on IP I no longer have access to??

I replaced my modem. In turn my routers to needed to be reset. However, my available IP range changed and the IP that I had been using 10.1.xx.xx is no longer available to me. Now I have no way to address my NAS since it's on the old IP address. Any suggestions on how to access the NAS admin page so I can make the changes to the NAS static IP would be appreciated.

Thank you for considering my dilemma.

New Modem - Arris SB6190

Router - Apple Base Station Extreme 5th gen.

Model: RN31662E|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay 6x2TB Enterprise Drive
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNAS 316 Static IP on IP I no longer have access to??

It is unlikely you set a static IP on both LAN ports.  Just plug it into the other and see if it gets a new address via DHCP.  Note that this is one reason why setting a fixed IP in the NAS is a bad idea.  It is much better to reserve an address in the router.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ilneill
Apprentice

If you are still connected to the same network as the ReadyNAS - I mean the same switched, or layer 2, network - then manually set your PC IP address to one next to that set on the ReadyNAS. For example, if the NAS is on 10.1.1.10, then set your PC to 10.1.1.11. Then connect to the NAS with https://10.1.1.10/admin, login and set its IP address to DHCP, or something fixed on the new subnet.

Assuming that all works, set your PC back to normal and try to connect.

If the ReadyNAS is not on the same switched network as your PC, then you need to move your PC.

I hope this helps,

Ian
Message 2 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

It is unlikely you set a static IP on both LAN ports.  Just plug it into the other and see if it gets a new address via DHCP.  Note that this is one reason why setting a fixed IP in the NAS is a bad idea.  It is much better to reserve an address in the router.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

It is unlikely you set a static IP on both LAN ports.  Just plug it into the other and see if it gets a new address via DHCP.  

Yes, that is usually a good solution for ReadyNAS with more than one LAN port.

You can of course change the router configuration to match the address range used by the old router.

Another way to solve this is to do an OS reinstall on the NAS from the boot menu.  That will reset the network configuration in the NAS to use DHCP.  It has a couple of side effects - the NAS admin password is reset to password, and volume Quota is turned off.  Both are easily changed once you regain access.

@Sandshark wrote:

Note that this is one reason why setting a fixed IP in the NAS is a bad idea.  It is much better to reserve an address in the router.

Totally agree.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements