× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Device Compatibility List

yoh-dah
Guide

curious wrote:
I guess i might try to contribute here as well.... Eaton Powerware 3105 is INCOMPATIBLE as far as UPS goes. NV just wont seem to notice it.

I'll put that down as well. Thanks!
Message 26 of 450
phrozen
Aspirant

My Canon i320 printer doesn't seem to work with the ReadyNAS. The printer appears and I am able to map it, but when I try to print to it, windows hangs.
Message 27 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

phrozen wrote:
My Canon i320 printer doesn't seem to work with the ReadyNAS. The printer appears and I am able to map it, but when I try to print to it, windows hangs.

Try setting it up as an IPP Printer with Bonjour.
Message 28 of 450
phrozen
Aspirant

yoh-dah wrote:
phrozen wrote:

What's that? I'm using windows...
Message 29 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

phrozen wrote:
yoh-dah wrote:
phrozen wrote:

What's that? I'm using windows...

You can download Bonjour for Windows from Apple's site, and it should detect the printer and allow you to set up IPP Printing over HTTP instead of CIFS. We've seen folks who've had problems with printing over CIFS had success over HTTP.
Message 30 of 450
madfiddler
Aspirant

No problems with an Epson Stylus Photo R320
Message 31 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

madfiddler wrote:

Thanks!
Message 32 of 450
madfiddler
Aspirant

I've now got two Netgear GS105 (giga) switches on the network, replacing the nasty hub. I'm not using jumbo frames as I have an Xbox on the network too, but coupled with the GA311 NIC's I've installed everything appears to be working fine (apart from the Zone Alarm problems).
Message 33 of 450
Skyline1
Aspirant

Cool, I see you went with the Netgear GS105 after all. Are you able to run 1000/full duplex now?

Interestingly, I have my GS108 plugged into a Linksys WRT54G (10/100 + 802.11b/g). The NV+ and desktop (Intel PRO1000GT) are plugged into the GS108 running jumbo frames. However, I've also got a laptop over 802.11g on the WRT54G. Everything works fine with the jumbo frames enabled and all. Surprising. You might give it a try just to see what happens.

Note that you'll get better read performance without jumbo frames, so if writes don't matter as much to you, don't bother...
Message 34 of 450
madfiddler
Aspirant

Hiya - yes - the cash wasn't available for the 108 - was made redundant last month so would have rather not spent anything. Now, rather than 100mbs half duplex, I'm getting 1000mbs full duplex and the NV doesn't lock up with you try to do more than one thing.

Thanks for the Jumbo tip 🙂
Message 35 of 450
tfish77
Aspirant

1 TB hard drives?

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows if the new Hitachi 1 TB drives will be compatible with the ReadyNAS NV? I know they're not out yet, but they are coming soon and the price is right... 🙂
Message 36 of 450
phrozen
Aspirant

Well, they still haven't finished compatibility with 750 gb drives and they've been out for over a year, so....

Right now the Readynas has a 2 TB limit, so you only get 2016 GB with 4x 750 GB drives. That isn't too bad, but you do lose 40 GB or so because of it.

I'd imagine the situation would be much worse for the 1 TB drives. You'd lose nearly an entire TB.

Hopefully that limit will be fixed soon. Can anyone comment on when that firmware upgrade will be ready? I'd like my 40 GB back...
Message 37 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

We'll have a beta release starting sometime next month. 😎
Message 38 of 450
bhoar
Aspirant

Note that even with the 2TB limit, you can still use ~3TB (well, more like 2.7TB) in flex-RAID mode, you just have to maintain two separate RAID-5 volumes.

-brendan
Message 39 of 450
bhoar
Aspirant

yoh-dah wrote:

Will? Or plan to? 🙂

-brendan
Message 40 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

bhoar wrote:
yoh-dah wrote:

Will? Or plan to? 🙂

-brendan

That's right, my track record's been put to the test. Let's say we'll try *really* hard to release a beta in February. 2007, 2008, I'm not sure? At least it'll be in February :lol:
Message 41 of 450
craigba
Aspirant

Plugged in Brother HL-2040 USB printer to my NV
Worked perfectly straight away.

Ahh, the joys of good quality gear. 😄
Message 42 of 450
madfiddler
Aspirant

madfiddler wrote:

I'd better note, that whilst the printer works through the NV the Epson Status Monitor software does not.

m
Message 43 of 450
eklass
Aspirant

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but my ol' HP 940C printer worked with my NV+. I had to supply the driver on the computer itself (instead of being available on the NV+), but I was pleased to see that it worked nonetheless.
Message 44 of 450
3skadron
Aspirant

madfiddler wrote:
I've now got two Netgear GS105 (giga) switches on the network... everything appears to be working fine...

Very peculiar... I've had two Netgear GS105v2 switches, neither worked. Both failed with similar symptoms: reading from NV is *very* slow (0..1 MB/s). I assume cabling is fine, since direct connection works as expected. Can't be anything wrong with NICs - they're both Intel Pro/1000 - right?

The second one is still sitting on my desk - I'll return it just like the first one and swear never to touch Netgear products again.
Message 45 of 450
srsamms
Aspirant

WD500YS - Secure Erase Necessary?

A year ago when I bought my X6, I put in 3 WD400YR drives. I was happy with their performance, so when I needed more space, I ordered the same RE2 family from NewEgg, the WD500YS, without even a thought (stupid, I know). After some issues with the new drive failing, I belatedly checked the Infrant website only to learn:

* Western Digital JS/KS/YD/YS - These models of Western Digital disks may return inaccurate temperature causing intermittent warnings and possible forced shutdowns, and we cannot recommend these disks at this time. In addition, the YS model does not support the Secure Erase command which is required for X-RAID expansion.

* Western Digital YS - The YS series is known to drop out from RAID sets intermittently. Western Digital has posted a firmware update that fixes this, although it has not yet been verified by Infrant. Please see Western Digital YS Warning.

I have updated the firmware, but I still have the problem that the YS drives don't support Secure Erase.

I'm assume that this is a critical problem & I'll have to replace my new drive. But before going through that I wanted to ask if Secure Erase is required or if it is just a security measure that (as a home user) I don't need to worry about.
Message 46 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

If you have the latest 3.01c1-p6 firmware, we'll get around the Secure Erase problem.
Message 47 of 450
srsamms
Aspirant

WD500YS - Secure Erase Necessary?

Yoda, thanks for your quick response:

If you have the latest 3.01c1-p6 firmware, we'll get around the Secure Erase problem.

Just to confirm, I can go ahead and use my WD500YS with the WD's updated firmware as long as I am running firmware 3.01c1-p6 (or later, I assume) on my RAID?

By your response, "we'll get around the Secure Erase problem", I take it that by not having Secure Erase support, my X6 will be slower when doing a X-RAID expansion. Will day to day usage (read/write) performance be effected as well?
Message 48 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

Re: WD500YS - Secure Erase Necessary?

srsamms wrote:
Yoda, thanks for your quick response:

Just to confirm, I can go ahead and use my WD500YS with the WD's updated firmware as long as I am running firmware 3.01c1-p6 (or later, I assume) on my RAID?

Yes, that should work. Please do keep in mind that our QA has not blessed this drive with new firmware yet.

By your response, "we'll get around the Secure Erase problem", I take it that by not having Secure Erase support, my X6 will be slower when doing a X-RAID expansion. Will day to day usage (read/write) performance be effected as well?

It'll be slower only during the initialization phase of the expansion.
Message 49 of 450
SteinyD
Tutor

compatibility question - SODIMM memory & DLink Gigabit S

I have two product compatibility questions for the NV+

1- Patriot 1GB SODIMM memory module model PSD21G6672S. Is this compatible with the NV+?

2- DLink DIR-655 Router/switch and DLink DGS-2208 Switch - any issues here with the NV+?

Thank you!
Message 50 of 450
Top Contributors
Announcements