× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Device Compatibility List

yoh-dah
Guide

Re: compatibility question - SODIMM memory & DLink Gigab

SteinyD wrote:
I have two product compatibility questions for the NV+

1- Patriot 1GB SODIMM memory module model PSD21G6672S. Is this compatible with the NV+?

If it's not in the hardware compatibility list, then it'll be up to you to check it with the built-in memory test. Typically if it passes 3 times in succession, you're probably OK.

2- DLink DIR-655 Router/switch and DLink DGS-2208 Switch - any issues here with the NV+?

Thank you!

There hasn't been any report of incompatibility with the DIR-655, however, our lab did find slowness in 10/100 mode with the DGS-2208 (works fine in gigE though) -- this is noted in the HCL.
Message 51 of 450
SteinyD
Tutor

Thanks - hard to tell from the compatibility list when things were added. One of the locations of the list looked like it hadn't been updated since Q4 last year. So sometimes hard to determine if currently offered equipment is being tested or even considered.

As for the memory, are there any speeds of memory that you know won't work? This memory is 5300. The memory on the list looks like 3200.

Thanks for the info though ..

yoh-dah wrote:
SteinyD wrote:
I have two product compatibility questions for the NV+

1- Patriot 1GB SODIMM memory module model PSD21G6672S. Is this compatible with the NV+?

If it's not in the hardware compatibility list, then it'll be up to you to check it with the built-in memory test. Typically if it passes 3 times in succession, you're probably OK.

2- DLink DIR-655 Router/switch and DLink DGS-2208 Switch - any issues here with the NV+?

Thank you!

There hasn't been any report of incompatibility with the DIR-655, however, our lab did find slowness in 10/100 mode with the DGS-2208 (works fine in gigE though) -- this is noted in the HCL.
Message 52 of 450
r2_d21
Tutor

SteinyD wrote:
As for the memory, are there any speeds of memory that you know won't work? This memory is 5300. The memory on the list looks like 3200.

5300 is PC2-5300. We support only PC-xxxx. PC2-xxxx is using DDR2 technologies, and PC-xxxx is DDR.
If you havn't read, please also check Memory Spec in our FAQ on Wiki.
Message 53 of 450
SteinyD
Tutor

thanks for the link to the info. I just decided to order the NV+ with 1gb memory from Aegis. I'll have to spend more time reading the wiki now ..

I was holding out ordering the NV+ until the vista issues were sorted out. I've decided with today's release of the add-on, that Infrant is committed to making it work. You guys have too long a track record to let your ardent customers down! I'm counting on you to make sure I didn't make a bad decision!!! :shock:

Reards,
David

r2-d2 wrote:
SteinyD wrote:

5300 is PC2-5300. We support only PC-xxxx. PC2-xxxx is using DDR2 technologies, and PC-xxxx is DDR.
If you havn't read, please also check Memory Spec in our FAQ on Wiki.
Message 54 of 450
webboy1
Aspirant

Ive just aquired a 1000S and like to know the hard drive compatibility. Should i just base it off this list? http://www.infrant.com/wiki/index.php/H ... Hard_Disks
Message 55 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

webboy wrote:
Ive just aquired a 1000S and like to know the hard drive compatibility. Should i just base it off this list? http://www.infrant.com/wiki/index.php/H ... Hard_Disks

Yes.
Message 56 of 450
Jet_X
Aspirant

I noticed in the Network Media Players, the DVICO TViX 4000/5000 isn't listed. I have them along with a ReadyNAS (haven't hooked up my NV+ yet) and with the current ReadyNAS - works perfectly.
Message 57 of 450
bdk512
Aspirant

USB Enclosure Compatibility

Just wanted to add I have two Bytecc BT380 USB/eSata combo external USB enclosures connected and they are working just fine.
Message 58 of 450
yahui168
Aspirant

My HP Deskjet 880C worked with the ReadyNAS NV+.
Message 59 of 450
phantasos
Aspirant

According to the following information:

Western Digital JS/KS/YD/YS - These models of Western Digital disks may return inaccurate temperature causing intermittent warnings and possible forced shutdowns, and we cannot recommend these disks at this time.

will my Western Digital 5000AAKS drives not work in an Infrant NV+ (the drives are part of the KS family right?)?
Message 60 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

phantasos wrote:
According to the following information:

Western Digital JS/KS/YD/YS - These models of Western Digital disks may return inaccurate temperature causing intermittent warnings and possible forced shutdowns, and we cannot recommend these disks at this time.

will my Western Digital 5000AAKS drives not work in an Infrant NV+ (the drives are part of the KS family right?)?

That's right. We do not recommend you using the KS drives.
Message 61 of 450
yahui168
Aspirant

I said previously that the HP Deskjet 880c works and that you just have to install the driver from you computer. If you are using Vista there is no 880c, you have to select HP Deskjet 882c. This is the correct driver because if you attach the printer to your computer via USB, Vista will select 882c. You can select 880c in XP.
Message 62 of 450
Tal1
Aspirant

UPS incompatibility

I've tried two of Best Buy's Geek Squad UPS units made by Cyber Power System with the ReadyNAS NV+ in a Macintosh environment.

Both of these UPS units have a DB-9 RS-232 connector on the back and both come with a serial-USB converter cable.

According to the status reported, the NAS sees a UPS but thinks (a) it is running on battery when it's not and (b) the battery level is 0.

The model numbers for these failed units are:

<li>GS-700U
    <li>GS-1000U
Message 63 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

Re: UPS incompatibility

Tal wrote:
I've tried two of Best Buy's Geek Squad UPS units made by Cyber Power System with the ReadyNAS NV+ in a Macintosh environment.

Both of these UPS units have a DB-9 RS-232 connector on the back and both come with a serial-USB converter cable.

According to the status reported, the NAS sees a UPS but thinks (a) it is running on battery when it's not and (b) the battery level is 0.

The model numbers for these failed units are:

<li>GS-700U
    <li>GS-1000U

Thanks!
Message 64 of 450
holywood
Aspirant

I have seen several threads here inquiring about the release date for RAIDiator 4, and some responses indicating it was planned for Feb. 2007. However, it doesn't look like it's out yet - can we get an updated release date?

I (like many others) want to make use of the 1 TB Hitachi drives to create a 3 TB array.

Thanks in advance!
Message 65 of 450
thedonga
Aspirant

Just picked up a coolgear SATA II to USB2.0 FW400 FW800 eSATA external enclosure and it works wonderfully for USB backups.

part #CGS-35KFAN
link here: http://cooldrives.com/saiitofi80al.html
Message 66 of 450
Yacht_Club
Aspirant

USB Printers

I am just starting to use the ReadyNAS in a small office. I have run into a problem. I have an HP DesignJet 500PS printer that appears to work fine but shows up as a(dash) for a shared print name in RAIDar. How can I change the Share name?
Message 67 of 450
V_Gabor
Aspirant

Successful Hardware Compatibility Test Report:

The APC CS 350 (model# BK350EI) UPS is working well with my ReadyNAS NV+ (RNV2-S2-X450).

FrontView reports UPS correctly in Status & a test power cut-off is recorded in the Log. Not tested the auto power off when UPS is running off of energy though.
Message 68 of 450
mikeap
Aspirant

1TB drive when?

I saw a post a few months ago about using the new 1TB drives but I haven't seen any official response. Nor if the HD compatibility list updated to say if the 1TB drives will or will not work. Does someone at Infrant know if/when I can buy an 1100 and stick 4 1TB disks in it and have it work. That is what is delaying my purchase.
Mike
Message 69 of 450
Grievous
Aspirant

mikeap, please refer to the beta forum. 1TB drive support will be included in RAIDiator 4.0
Message 70 of 450
xstatic
Aspirant

Belkin....

Just a heads up....

I tried a Belkin wireless N1 router with little luck. Replaced it with a Netgear router and all was good....

Also, a Belkin gigabit networking card and was getting several errors when trying to copy files.

Changed to a netgear card and all was good.
Message 71 of 450
Nick_123
Aspirant

Canon

Heya

Canon MP370 Works

BTW Any chance of retesting the newer WD 500GB KS Drives? As it seem's the newer ones have worked for people.

Regards
Nick
Message 72 of 450
yoh-dah
Guide

Re: Canon

Nick.123 wrote:
Heya

Canon MP370 Works

BTW Any chance of retesting the newer WD 500GB KS Drives? As it seem's the newer ones have worked for people.

Regards
Nick

Thanks!
Message 73 of 450
steffi
Aspirant

Is WRT54G version 2 supported?

Can anybody tell me if WRT54G version 2 Linksys wireless routers are supported/compatible?

Any settings required?
Message 74 of 450
bhoar
Aspirant

Re: Is WRT54G version 2 supported?

steffi wrote:
Can anybody tell me if WRT54G version 2 Linksys wireless routers are supported/compatible?

Any settings required?

I can't recommend directly connecting a readynas to a 100mbps router port. One reason is that the integrated switch in the router chipsets is often a very poor performer, often limited to 30-40mbps of throughput.

It can server as your internet gateway just fine, however, it's best to have the readynas's first hop be a dedicated switch (preferably a gigabit switch...or a gigabit router listed on the HCL with a real switch chipset).

-brendan
Message 75 of 450
Top Contributors
Announcements