× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, first post here. I've bought a ReadyNAS 312 off a friend and tried to factory default it for my own use but am having troubles with it ever since.

When I first got the device, I could see it in RAIDar with both disks in good condition, links to the admin pages etc were all there and I could load the admin page (though I didn't have the admin password). https://readycloud.netgear.com/ could discover the device as well.

Since trying the Factory default though (done via the boot menu as described here), I've only been seeing that the "Management Service is offline" in RAIDar and I can no longer access the admin page. The only button available in RAIDar is "Offline Setup (LAN)" but clicking that just attempts to load the admin page and fails. Looks like I have no ability to collect logs via RAIDar..

Capture5.PNGCapture6.PNG

I've since also tried the OS Re-Install option from the boot menu but this just seems to result in the power button light blinking infinitely.

All I can think to try next is USB Recovery of the device but at this point I'm worried about just digging my hole deeper.. Is this a sound decision or is there something else I should try?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Nevermind, resolved it myself by removing the hard drives. The NAS then booted successfully and I was able to access it via the admin page to set it up. I then re-inserted the hard drives and reformatted them from the admin console

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You could try a second factory default.  I'd do it with only one disk in place, in order to eliminate the delay due to the raid sync.

Message 2 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Nevermind, resolved it myself by removing the hard drives. The NAS then booted successfully and I was able to access it via the admin page to set it up. I then re-inserted the hard drives and reformatted them from the admin console

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements