× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ v2 - No Power - Options - HELPPPPPPP

Bomyerap
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ v2 - No Power - Options - HELPPPPPPP

Hi

I have had my ReadyNAS NV+ v2 RND4000v2 for many years and I have had absolutely no issues. Today It will not Power up at all.

It initially had the 4 blue disk lights on along with the power button blowing blue. But as it was not responding to the network I pressed the power button to see if any messages on the display panel, however the display panel would not come on.

After tring to power down woth power buttom with no success - I have had to switch off power at the mains.

Now it will not power on including attempts to power on with reset button?

I am desperate to recover data on the 4 disks which weher configfure Netgear RAID 2 (akin to RAID5)

Not I have also tried to power on with all disks removed.

What are my options .

Does this sound like power supply, is it possible to buy second hand chasis and just plug in the disks and I will get it back.

please help

Model: RND4000v2 (ReadyNAS NV+ v2)|READYNAS NV+ v2 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

First question is whether or not you really have a V2 -- there is some labeling confusion.  A V2 has an external power supply, so I'm unsure why you'd want to first try another chassis instead of a new power brick.

But to answer your question, yes, you can move your drives to another NAS of the same model (being careful regarding the "V2" designation, as it matters) and all will be fine if the only issue is the NAS hardware.

But trying to boot without the drives is the best first step.  If it really is a V2, then trying a new power brick would be the best next step.

A V2 is black in color, says "ReadyNAS NV+v2" on the front panel, and has an external power brick.  The V1 is silver in color, says "ReadyNAS NV+" on the front but may have a small label that says V2 or V3, and has an integrated power supply.

Message 2 of 6
Bomyerap
Aspirant

Hi yes is a V2 with external Power Brick, I have used a multimeter to check that getting 12V from the 2 pairs of Pins.

Just concerned that the configuration may also be in CMOS of machine so when putting my 4 discs into a different replacement chasis - it gets confused and wants to reformat all the disks.

??????????

@Sandshark wrote:

First question is whether or not you really have a V2 -- there is some labeling confusion.  A V2 has an external power supply, so I'm unsure why you'd want to first try another chassis instead of a new power brick.

But to answer your question, yes, you can move your drives to another NAS of the same model (being careful regarding the "V2" designation, as it matters) and all will be fine if the only issue is the NAS hardware.

But trying to boot without the drives is the best first step.  If it really is a V2, then trying a new power brick would be the best next step.

A V2 is black in color, says "ReadyNAS NV+v2" on the front panel, and has an external power brick.  The V1 is silver in color, says "ReadyNAS NV+" on the front but may have a small label that says V2 or V3, and has an integrated power supply.

Message 3 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

All configuration data is on the drives.

Did you test the power brick under load?  That you see 12V with no load is really not much of a test.

Message 4 of 6
Kozaki
Aspirant

I have two ReadyNAS NV+ v2 drives connected on a LAN. They are connected to a TripLite UPS along with cable modem, switch, router and access point.

After a power outage a couple of weeks ago both NAS drives turned off. All the other devices connected to the UPS remained on with no problems. One NV+ v2 rebooted fine. The other started to boot and just flashed the blue light for two days. It would not power off with the power button. I unplugged it, waited a few minutes and plugged it in again. It then it would not power on, no response when pushing the power button.

I then researched whether I could put the 4 drives into my other NV+ v2 to recover my data and decided to try it. When I went to my server rack the second NV+ v2 was now off. Now it will not power on. Swapping power bricks does not help. 

Could I have bad switches? If I put the drives into a discless NV+ v2 can I recover my data and then repeat for my second NAS. Is there a service than can do this data recovery for me. I desperately need to recover my data.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

If you remove the disks (labeling by slot) and then power up the NAS, are you seeing any signs of life?  Normally the NAS will say "no disks" on the LCD display.

1. Do the NAS say "ReadyNAS NV+ v2" on the front panel?
  2. Or do they just say "ReadyNAS NV+"
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements