× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas 104 - ReadyCloud one folder will no longer open

No1Husker
Aspirant

ReadyNas 104 - ReadyCloud one folder will no longer open

I am using an RN10400 that has been working great for several years. Today I have just one folder that I save movies into that when I click on the folder in ReadyCloud it will not open that folder. All of my other folders open just fine. 

This folder has always opened before today.

Any ideas on what may have happened or how to get access back into this folder?

Thanks

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 10
StephenB
Guru

What firmware are you running?

Can you access the folder without using ReadyCloud?

Have you downloaded the log zip file from the admin web ui, and looked for btrfs errors in system.log and kernel.log?

Message 2 of 10
No1Husker
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply, I am inexperienced in working with my ReadyNas. I have had it for several years and it has just worked for the basic things that I do. I am saving our family movies, pictures, videos and old super 8 films. I have set up a Plex account in the last six months that has also been working fine. I am also using backup for a couple of iPhones.

I am on a Mac, but I do have access to a Windows machine for access, just don't use that machine very often.

Firmware: 6.10.3

I am able to open my shared folder in Finder, initially I do see all of my folders. I am able to open all of the folders with the exception of the Movie folder, which when I click it I receive an error message that states, "The operation can't be completed because the original item for "Movies" can't be found." You can then click OK and Finder closes.

I have not downloaded the log zip file from Admin, I will attempt that now. I am not very familiar with Administration.

I was able to pull the btrfs errors in system.log. This is a long string of information, what am I looking for? Will is say error or something? There are a long string of snapshots and then at the bottom some reference to:

=== btrfs dump-super /dev/md126 /dev/md127
superblock: bytenr=65536, device=/dev/md126

and then references to backup.

My Kernal log is pretty long, what would I be looking for in this one?

Thanks,

Randy

Message 3 of 10
StephenB
Guru

The logs can be long and confusing.  The btrfs errors should include the word "error", so you can just search on that.  The mods can also analyze them for you - but please don't post links to them in the public forum.

Is "Movie" a share or is it a folder inside of a share?  Did you try navigating into it from the admin web ui?

Message 4 of 10
No1Husker
Aspirant

It is set as a share with "Everyone" listed. I have another folder set the same and with "Everyone" and it opens.

I did realize yesterday that it was no longer sending me messages, because I had changed my email password about a month ago and did not undated the password in my ReadyNAS Admin.

This morning I receive the attached email that I had received in the past before the password change. Maybe this is associated?

Randy

Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

It could be related to your problem, and it is something you need to get fixed.

• Netgear paid support (via my.netgear.com) is one option - they can fix it remotely.  You should look for per-incident support if you go this route (it should be cheaper than getting a normal NAS support contract).
  • You could also back up all the files and do a factory default - setting up the NAS from scratch.
  • If you are skilled with linux commands, you could also enable ssh, and resolve this yourself.
Message 6 of 10
No1Husker
Aspirant

Just an update to your last message. I did a search in the brtfs.log for "error" and found none.

In the Kernal.log and did find some overrun errors. I would past one here, but I am not sure that is safe?

Randy

Message 7 of 10
StephenB
Guru

You can post the errors in kernel.log.

Message 8 of 10
No1Husker
Aspirant

Thanks, this is about a fifth of them on this date:

Nov 20 15:59:44 HuskerAZ kernel: mvneta d0074000.ethernet eth1: bad rx status 0f830000 (overrun error), size=1088
Nov 21 07:57:39 HuskerAZ kernel: mvneta d0074000.ethernet eth1: bad rx status 0f830000 (overrun error), size=448
Nov 21 16:11:16 HuskerAZ kernel: mvneta d0074000.ethernet eth1: bad rx status 0f830000 (overrun error), size=768
Nov 21 16:11:16 HuskerAZ kernel: mvneta d0074000.ethernet eth1: bad rx status 0f830000 (overrun error), size=1024

I was looking for the tech support, everthing I was able to find wants to sign you up for a subscription, how do I find a per case options?

Randy

Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@No1Husker wrote:

I was looking for the tech support, everthing I was able to find wants to sign you up for a subscription, how do I find a per case options?

You might need the mod's help on that - @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V.

@No1Husker wrote:

Thanks, this is about a fifth of them on this date:

Nov 20 15:59:44 HuskerAZ kernel: mvneta d0074000.ethernet eth1: bad rx status 0f830000 (overrun error), size=1088
Nov 21 07:57:39 HuskerAZ kernel: mvneta d0074000.ethernet eth1: bad rx status 0f830000 (overrun error), size=448
Nov 21 16:11:16 HuskerAZ kernel: mvneta d0074000.ethernet eth1: bad rx status 0f830000 (overrun error), size=768
Nov 21 16:11:16 HuskerAZ kernel: mvneta d0074000.ethernet eth1: bad rx status 0f830000 (overrun error), size=1024

Those errors are about ethernet, not the file system.  They could a side-effect of the main problem.  Are you using both ethernet connections, or just one?  

No errors with the word "disk" or "btrfs" in them?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements