× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Pro unable to uncheck " Enable monitoring of UPS physically attached to a remote ReadyNAS"

Pkcharlie
Aspirant

ReadyNas Pro unable to uncheck " Enable monitoring of UPS physically attached to a remote ReadyNAS"

okay - I must be losing it or getting tired or something, but for the life of me cannot find out how to uncheck the 

"Enable monitoring of UPS physically attached to a remote ReadyNAs" or the " Monitor UPS over SNMP" on my RNDP6000.

Both check boxes are greyed out.  What am I missing?

Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas Pro unable to uncheck " Enable monitoring of UPS physically attached to a remote R

@Pkcharlie wrote:

cannot find out how to uncheck the 

"Enable monitoring of UPS physically attached to a remote ReadyNAs" or the " Monitor UPS over SNMP" on my RNDP6000.

Both check boxes are greyed out.  What am I missing?

Looks like you can't uncheck them because you have no UPS connected to the NAS.

Message 2 of 8
Pkcharlie
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas Pro unable to uncheck " Enable monitoring of UPS physically attached to a remote R

so you need to physically unplug the UPS to allow the the check boxes to be avaiblabe?  That sounds like a UI/UX design blunder but I'll give it a try.

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Pkcharlie wrote:

so you need to physically unplug the UPS to allow the the check boxes to be avaiblabe?  

Other way around - you need to plug in the UPS.  Your screen shot shows that the UPS isn't connected.

Message 4 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

You guys are not talking about the same thing, and I'm not sure which is the original question.

@Pkcharlie, those options are for monitoring an UPS that your NAS shares with another, where the other one is connected to the UPS USB port.  They are not available if you have an UPS connected to the NAS you are trying to set up, as it's not capable of monitoring multiple UPS.  I think this is the original question.  So, if you have an UPS connected, you are either trying to do something that won't work, or you are in the wrong place (if what you really want is to monitor that UPS from another NAS),

But the GUI says you have no UPS installed, so I don't understand why the options are greyed out, unless it was connected after going to that page and maybe the GUI doesn't update the message until you force it to with the Refresh button.

@StephenB thinks you want to monitor the UPS on that NAS from another.  I think that's another set of options that only shows up when an UPS is attached, which the GUI says is not the case.  But I don't have an UPS on my only OS4.2 system (I use SNMP on it), and it has been too long since I had one that was configured that way for me to be sure.

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

@StephenB thinks you want to monitor the UPS on that NAS from another. 

Actually I was thining that it was set up that way before.

But I agree, that's a different option.  You should be able to clear those settings.  Are you able to remove the two IP addresses?

Message 6 of 8
Pkcharlie
Aspirant

No, when I try to remove the ip addresses, it gives me an error when I try to save..
Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Pkcharlie wrote:
No, when I try to remove the ip addresses, it gives me an error when I try to save..

The impact of this issue is that the NAS will try to monitor those two IP addresses for messages from the UPS that it thinks are using those addresses.  That's not a horrible impact, but of course the NAS shouldn't be doing that.

Have you tried simply rebooting the NAS?

If that doesn't help, do you have a UPS with a USB port that you could temporarily connect to the NAS?  That might clear it.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements