× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas RNX6S2000-009 Motherboard Failed to bootup. Is there HW that could be replace for

ddhuynh
Tutor

ReadyNas RNX6S2000-009 Motherboard Failed to bootup. Is there HW that could be replace for

Hi,

I have an old ReadyNas RNX6S2000-009 and the motherboard failed to bootup.  Can anyone help me to locate a replacement Nas box for this motherboard? 

Thanks

Dung

Message 1 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNas RNX6S2000-009 Motherboard Failed to bootup. Is there HW that could be replace for

That's an Infrant RX6, correct?  You are highly unlikely to find a replacement motherboard for that relic, but you could move your volume to an NV or NV+ (V1).  Of course, since the NAS boots from the drives, I'm not sure how you have determined the problem is with the hardware.

Message 2 of 8
ddhuynh
Tutor

Re: ReadyNas RNX6S2000-009 Motherboard Failed to bootup. Is there HW that could be replace for

It can’t boot up but i could hear the noise that HDD generated. I bought the drives to BestBuy GeekSquak and the said the drives are still good but they don’t have skills for working with Linux.

If I get new HW NV+, it will work with my 4 drives without any setup?

Thanks
Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@ddhuynh wrote:

If I get new HW NV+, it will work with my 4 drives without any setup?

Yes, as long as you get one that runs 4.1.x firmware.  Make sure the front panel says ReadyNAS NV+ - not ReadyNAS NV+ v2 (or something else).

Though it would be wise to offload the files on a Windows PC (R-Studio will work), and get a newer NAS.  Netgear discontinued sales on the NV+ back in 2011.

Message 4 of 8
ddhuynh
Tutor

Thank you very much. I will inform you the progress's.
Message 5 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

Geek Squad saying "the drives are good" does not mean the OS partition on them is bootable in Linux.  What status, if any, does RAIDar show for the NAS?

Message 6 of 8
ddhuynh
Tutor

Finally, I am able to recover all my data. My brother in law loaned me a NV+ box with that I am able to access to my drives and recover all.

Thank you very much for your helps.
Message 7 of 8
npandit
Aspirant

Hello @ddhuynh 

Could you please perform OS Reinstall to your faulty NAS once and then monitor if issue appears again or not?

OS reinstall. Re-installs the firmware from the internal flash to the disks. Use the OS reinstall boot mode when the system crashes and corrupts some configuration files. OS reinstall boot mode also resets some settings on your storage system, such as Internet protocol settings and the administrator password, to defaults.

OS-reinstall is a safe method and the data is not impacted at all.

Have a lovely day, 
NiveditaPa
Netgear Team 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements