× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas duo v2, unable to add new shares

aaccee
Aspirant

Readynas duo v2, unable to add new shares

Hi, I'm posting a new request for assistance after reading the log.
The hardware is all new and I have fitted 2 off Western Digital WD 20EARX 00 PASBO 2 X 2TB hdd's
The firmware is 5.3.4 with a 4.3.4 Raidar app. I have also installed 7.7.2 arm LMS with which I hope to stream to a SBT.

There is no volume indicator light showing on Raidar and I cannot add new shares.
The log reads that the volume scan has failed and the paths for the shares could not be found.
I have just completed a factory reset that included disk checks, but unfortunately it hasn't helped.
I would like to know what my next step should be.

Any help of course is appreciated and apologies for any delay in replies due to time difference, thanks Paul

PS:please remove all previous posts to and from aaccee as I think I have covered everything previously discussed in this new post.
Message 1 of 4
rnas_newbie
Aspirant

Re: Readynas duo v2, unable to add new shares

yep - exactly the same issue on my unit.

edit : (just logged a ticket for my issue as my unit is under support)
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=63027

tried on a supported disk on HCL(then on an old samsung which used to be on the older unit hcl's), erased, wiped, factory reset several times, different combinations - wiped disks within windows, formatted then deleted the partition before putting into the readynas duo v2;
tried downgrading firmware but that was simply more trouble than it's worth as the randomness of the results within the interface is staggering!
tried on the current beta; 5.3.5-T19
unsure if it's a beta problem, or the unit really has no idea how to format and use the disk?

same sympton, volume tab nothing, cannot add new shares, when transfering files to the inbuilt 'shares' cannot write more than 4gb....so, why cannot it not see the data partition?
it's been a long day, totally wasted.

errors when you try to add new share, stating illegal chars etc.
Message 2 of 4
rnas_newbie
Aspirant

hope yours is up and running,
just incase - I fixed mine under the following thread - viewtopic.php?f=148&t=63027
unsure if it was as simple as selecting flex-raid auto, or it was indeed downgrading to 5.3.2, then upto 5.3.4 - then factory resetting it again?
it took a lot of resets,whichever one did the trick

best of luck with your issue!
Message 3 of 4
rnas_newbie
Aspirant

I hope the original posters issue is resolved?

I had similar issues as per previpus posts - but, all credit to the Jedi Council - all's looking good with the 5.3.5-t28 beta; as my Duo v2 is ticking along very nicely 😄
all went well when i put my new disks and factory reset it, none of the earlier troubles.
All's been stable for me so far (including the interface)
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements