× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Straight Upgrade From ReadyNAS NV+ ?

holsen1
Aspirant

Straight Upgrade From ReadyNAS NV+ ?

Well My ReadyNAS finally Blew.  It wont power up so I'm assuming its a PSU Failure but here's my question.  I've 4 x 2TB drives in there and as opposed to Jerry Rigging a PSU to fire it up and migrate I'm wondering (hoping) there is a unit I could just pop the drives into and pick up where I left off.....  suggestions?    Thanks!

Model: RND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Straight Upgrade From ReadyNAS NV+ ?

The only drop-in replacement capability is from another NAS of the same model, which would likely be as old as yours, if not older.  Take a look at what I just told another user asking a similar question: DATA-FROM-FAULTY-NAS

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

The only drop-in replacement capability is from another NAS of the same model, which would likely be as old as yours, if not older.  Take a look at what I just told another user asking a similar question: DATA-FROM-FAULTY-NAS

Message 2 of 6
holsen1
Aspirant

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
holsen1
Aspirant

I found a new PSU, and put it in and the old girl fired right up,  but now my cooling fan is spinning so fast its putting out a a high pitched whine I can hear 3 rooms away.   The Old PSU was 95 Watts, the new one is 350 Watts.   Could that be the cause.   DO you know if there is a setting somewhere to dial back the fan?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

The rated wattage of the power supply makes no difference as long as it is at least as high as the original .  The unit will draw what it needs and no more.

Does you replacment supply have the small attached fan?  If so, that's your culpret.  The small size makes for a high-pitched whine.  If that's not it, then you need to do a fan calibration.  It's been a while since I used a RAIDiator 4.x based system, but it's in the menu somewhere.

The original NV had the small power-supply fan, and Infrant (later acquired by Netgear) replaced it with the fanless one because of complaints on the whine.

Message 5 of 6
holsen1
Aspirant

Hey, that makes sense.   Yes, I believe a removed a fanless PSU and I think the new PSU has a fan in it.  Honestly, I cant remember, I more looked at the wattage and the fittment.   I've done a recalibration of the fan it did nothing to slow down the fan so it must be the PSU.  Thank!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements