× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to log into my RN10400

davidtheo
Aspirant

Unable to log into my RN10400

Does anyone know why I can not log into my RN10400 nas drive any more, I know this is not the forum for nas drives but seems the NAS drive forum is not working anymore.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@davidtheo wrote:

Does anyone know why I can not log into my RN10400 nas drive any more, I know this is not the forum for nas drives but seems the NAS drive forum is not working anymore.

Your post is in the right forum (perhaps Netgear moved it).

If you normally use ReadyCloud, then the issue is that Netgear has taken it down.

If not, do you mean that you can't log into the NAS admin web interface?  Or that you cannot access the shares using File Explorer (or Finder)?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@davidtheo wrote:

Your post is in the right forum (perhaps Netgear moved it).

If you normally use ReadyCloud, then the issue is that Netgear has taken it down.

If not, do you mean that you can't log into the NAS admin web interface?  Or that you cannot access the shares using File Explorer (or Finder)?

Message 2 of 6
davidtheo
Aspirant

Hi my Issue is with ReadyCloud.

Do you know if they are going to replace it?

I did manage to log into the "NAS admin web interface" last night which is good.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@davidtheo wrote:

Hi my Issue is with ReadyCloud. Do you know if they are going to replace it?

No hints that they will (and I'd be very surprised if they do).  All indications here are that they are dropping ReadyNAS products.

I use OpenVPN (hosted in my Orbi router) instead.  If you want to share files, then I'd suggest putting something like OneCloud or NextCloud on a PC that has a NAS share mounted as a drive letter.

Message 4 of 6
davidtheo
Aspirant

Thanks for your help.

Shame they have done this.

Message 5 of 6
MikeD1234
NETGEAR Expert

Yes, another solution is to sync to cloud storage, and have bi-directional sync on. That way you can access the cloud storage, and be sure it syncs to your NAS and vise versa.

Alternatively, as @StephenB mentioned a VPN is a good solution to get access to it.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements