× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upgrade 102 to 316

Razo681
Aspirant

Upgrade 102 to 316

I read an earlier post that said going from a 102 to a 104 is pretty easy. Just pull the drives from the 102 and pop them in to the 104. Is this the same going to the 300 series? I know the 300 series is x86 and the 100 series is ARM. Was wondering if this would be an issue with the OS? 

Thanks.,

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

If there are no apps installed, you should be able to simply migrate the disks.  Always good to make a backup first though.

Depending on the firmware history on the RN102, you might want to start fresh anyway, there have been some adjustments to the BTRFS config that are only applied if you create a new volume. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Are you using any apps?

Message 2 of 5
Razo681
Aspirant

Currently no. I only have the readycloud enabled, but other than that its just a plan old bucket for data 😉 Thanks for your help.

I should mention I have it mirroring. 

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

If there are no apps installed, you should be able to simply migrate the disks.  Always good to make a backup first though.

Depending on the firmware history on the RN102, you might want to start fresh anyway, there have been some adjustments to the BTRFS config that are only applied if you create a new volume. 

Message 4 of 5
Razo681
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements