× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upgrade from RN104 to RN214

mrbrown66
Aspirant

Upgrade from RN104 to RN214

Hey guys, 

I have an 4 bay RN104 on the latest firmware (6.9.3) and I am upgrading to an RN214 which is arriving shortly.  Is it possible to move my 4 existing drives across and put them in the same slot order and it will simply work? Or not possible and need to backup and start with a fresh partition?

Thanks,
Mrb

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@mrbrown66 wrote:

Is it possible to move my 4 existing drives across and put them in the same slot order and it will simply work?

That works.

Though if you have a spare disk handy, you could do a fresh install on the disk, and (if needed) update the firmware on the RN214 first.  Then power down and migrate the disks.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@mrbrown66 wrote:

Is it possible to move my 4 existing drives across and put them in the same slot order and it will simply work?

That works.

Though if you have a spare disk handy, you could do a fresh install on the disk, and (if needed) update the firmware on the RN214 first.  Then power down and migrate the disks.

Message 2 of 3
mrbrown66
Aspirant

Thanks I will try that - I probably have an old drive around I can use too to upgrade the firmware. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements