× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Where's the drive compatibility list?

Ray2
Luminary

Where's the drive compatibility list?

Haing trouble locating the drive compatibility list(s)? Can someone point me to the link?   If model specific---RN 314 and RN 628?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@Ray2 wrote:

Haing trouble locating the drive compatibility list(s)? Can someone point me to the link?   If model specific---RN 314 and RN 628?

It's more of a guide at this point, and you do need to be careful with desktop models because some manufacturers (both WD and Seagate) are now using SMR technology in some desktop drives, and Netgear generally hasn't kept up with that. 

Overall, I recommend both WD Red Plus and Seagate Ironwolf NAS-purposed drives, and any enterprise drive.  I don't recommend the WD Reds, as they are all SMR.

But to answer your question, the link is here: https://kb.netgear.com/20641/ReadyNAS-Hard-Disk-Compatibility-List

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Ray2 wrote:

It's more of a guide at this point, and you do need to be careful with desktop models because some manufacturers (both WD and Seagate) are now using SMR technology in some desktop drives, and Netgear generally hasn't kept up with that. 

Overall, I recommend both WD Red Plus and Seagate Ironwolf NAS-purposed drives, and any enterprise drive.  I don't recommend the WD Reds, as they are all SMR.

But to answer your question, the link is here: https://kb.netgear.com/20641/ReadyNAS-Hard-Disk-Compatibility-List

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements