× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why is Riello not listed in UPS List? (Readynas 104 using OS 6.10.4 Hotfix 1)

ScotsDon
Guide

Why is Riello not listed in UPS List? (Readynas 104 using OS 6.10.4 Hotfix 1)

I am buying a Riello UPS for another purpose but wondered if it would also work with my ReadyNAS 104.  I looked on the System/Power page and tried the Add a New UPS but Riello is not listed.  I then logged in to the OS via SSH (as admin not root) and listed the files in /lib/nut.  The "riello_usb" driver is in there.  This driver is included in the NUT Hardware Compatibility List so will work.  So why is Riello not listed in the dropdown list as per above?  Maybe NetGear could add it?

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|, RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Why is Riello not listed in UPS List? (Readynas 104 using OS 6.10.4 Hotfix 1)

Hi ScotsDon,

Are you planning to connect the UPS via USB or SNMP?

The NAS auto-supports UPS over USB. You can just plug it in and it will work. The drop-down list on the admin page is for SNMP-enabled units.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Why is Riello not listed in UPS List? (Readynas 104 using OS 6.10.4 Hotfix 1)

Hi ScotsDon,

Are you planning to connect the UPS via USB or SNMP?

The NAS auto-supports UPS over USB. You can just plug it in and it will work. The drop-down list on the admin page is for SNMP-enabled units.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
ScotsDon
Guide

Hi JohnCM_S,

Thanks for reply.  I am connecting via USB.

It is nor at all obvious on the "Add UPS" dialogue box that you do just plug and play.  The only options are SNMP and Remote, and there is nothing to say how to use USB.  In fact, when I looked at it the other day, which was the first time for several years, I thought the USB option had been deleted in a firmware update.  Matbe you could add USB as an option, even if it does nothing?

Another question:  I bought a Salicru UPS (for another purpose) but tried it on the NAS - the NAS didn't recognise it.  Should it have??  Note that Salicru is not included in the NUT Hardware Compatibilty List ( https://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html ), so it is likely that Salicru is not supported.

Regards

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

That's because it's automatic.  You don't have to add the UPS manually -- you just plug it into the USB port of the NAS and it will be detected and configured for you.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements