× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Writes fall to zero bytes after a few seconds

enkrypt3d
Tutor

I'm using bonding mode 4 on the NAS and yes I'm aware that single stream copies won't saturate both gig links unfortunately....  

So if I get the other unit can I just take the drives out and put them into the 2304 without having to copy the data across? I want to put the 4 x 8TB drives in the pro 4 and the 4 x 14TB drives in the 2304.... 

Message 26 of 31
Sandshark
Sensei

Since you are already running OS6 on your Pro4, then yes, you can just move the drives over.  Since you are going from an Intel based NAS to another Intel based one, you don't even need to do anything about apps.

Message 27 of 31
enkrypt3d
Tutor

Good news - got the 2304 setup and it performs just like the pro 4 used to at 112MB/s steady...... the pro 4 still has performance issues. I have the 4 x 8TB drives in the pro 4 syncing now and the 4 x 14TB drives in the 2304 which seems to be running well... 

So I still can't figure out why the pro 4 is having this issue.

Message 28 of 31
StephenB
Guru

@enkrypt3d wrote:

the pro 4 still has performance issues. I have the 4 x 8TB drives in the pro 4 syncing now 

Wait for the pro 4 to finish syncing before testing performance on it again.  

Message 29 of 31
enkrypt3d
Tutor

yea this was before the sync began... I also setup a ReadyDR job to sync from the 2304 to the Pro 4 and it's copying data but the files on the Backup nas (Pro 4) are not browsable? 

root@NAS:/BACKUP# du -sh *
0 backup
0 home
0 Media

In the jobs view it says it has copied 90GB but I see nothing in the volume folder itself.... where is this data going?

Message 30 of 31
StephenB
Guru

@enkrypt3d wrote:

I also setup a ReadyDR job to sync from the 2304 to the Pro 4 and it's copying data but the files on the Backup nas (Pro 4) are not browsable? 

root@NAS:/BACKUP# du -sh *
0 backup
0 home
0 Media

In the jobs view it says it has copied 90GB but I see nothing in the volume folder itself.... where is this data going?

ReadyDR creates snapshots.  I don't use it, so I don't know details on how to see them.  But try 

# btrfs subvolume list -s /data

(changing /data if your volume is named something else).  That should show the paths to all the snapshots on the volume.

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements