× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas102

willrita30
Aspirant

readynas102

Can somebody tell me how to be able to get the second drive to show up so i can transfer files to it.My first drive works fine, both are seagates and i am only able to access the first drive i put in. Is there something im doing wrong in the setup or is it a setting im not doing right in raidar- thank you

Message 1 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: readynas102

Hi willrita30,

Can you confirm the volume RAID configuration of your ReadyNAS? It is possible that the system automatically set to RAID1 when you set the unit up with two hard drives.

I look forward to your response. 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 2 of 6
willrita30
Aspirant

Yes it is on raid 1..so how do I make another raid. Thank you for responding
Message 3 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi willrita30,

Try the steps below.

1. First backup your files (if the files saved on the ReadyNAS are the original ones).

2. Then destroy your existing ReadyNAS volume which is in RAID1 configuration.

3. Select one of the drives then click the "New Volume" button. (Ensure you put a name for it)

4. Once the 1st volume has been created, select the second drive then click the "New Volume" button again. (Also put a name for the 2nd volume)

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@BrianL2 wrote:

2. Then destroy your existing ReadyNAS volume which is in RAID1 configuration.

Just want to add that this step will destroy all the data on the NAS - which is why BrianL begins with backing the data up.  Also, if you have any apps installed, then uninstall them first.

You'll need to restore the data afterwards (a step he accidently left out).

It's a good idea to call one of the volumes "data".

Message 5 of 6
willrita30
Aspirant

Okay I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to nas but I will try when I get home. Thanks guys for your help
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements