× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rsync path

OskarB
Aspirant

rsync path

I have readyNAS NV+ v2, running RAIDiator 5.3.11, located on the local network at 192.168.1.200. There is a share called "oskarsbag", with SMB and rsync protocols enabled.  There is a NAS box user called "oskar", who has read/write share access enabled for rsync.

I am trying to rsync the content from directory "dirxyz" on "oskarbag" share on NAS to a local directory on my Linux desktop named "dirback". I would expect the rsync command run in a bash shell on the desktop to be something like:

rsync -ruv oskar@192.168.1.200:/oskarbag/dirxyz/  ~/dirback

This does not work. What port number does rsync daemon on NAS listens to and what is the correct path to the directory oskarbag/dirxyz ?

TIA, Oskar B.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: rsync and mount paths

I edited your post, and fixed the issue with the emoticon.  An easy workaround is to bold the : 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: rsync path

Ordinary rsync uses port 873.

You need the volume name in the path.  Normally that is "C" on a v2 - not sure if the "C" is upper or lower case, so maybe try them both.

rsync -ruv oskar@192.168.1.200:/C/oskarbag/dirxyz/  ~/dirback

Message 2 of 4
OskarB
Aspirant

Thank you StephenB for your help.

With this and further experimentation, with Linux Mint on the desktop client, I found the following works for rsync-ing and mount-ing via desktop shell comamnds::

to rsync ("dry run"):

rsync -ruvn oskar@192.168.1.200::oskarbag/dirxyz/ ~/dirback

to mount (at "mpoint"):

sudo mount.cifs -o username=oskar,sec=ntlm,rw //192.168.1.200/oskarbag ~/mpoint

(mount.cifs will prompt for oskar's password on NAS. Mounting at local mountpoint is required to run Linux applications that can navigate only the local filesystem against the NAS-resident files)

thanks again,

Oskar

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I edited your post, and fixed the issue with the emoticon.  An easy workaround is to bold the : 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements