× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

suggestions for upgrading memory on the RNDP4000 (pro 4)

wideef
Aspirant

suggestions for upgrading memory on the RNDP4000 (pro 4)

hi,

due to our pro 4 locking up on oS6 a suggestion was made to try upgrading the memory. we have seen the post about 4gb of gskill working but has anybody else upgraded their memory on a Pro 4 and if so;

1. what model (part number) and size did you purchase?
2. how stable has it been?
3. what kind of performance boost (if any) have you noticed?

the cpu we understand isn't upgradeable on a pro4 which is fine by us as we have no desire to change this.

any help would be most appreciated.

thanks

Model: RNDP4000 (ReadyNAS Pro 4)|ReadyNAS® Pro 4 System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
wideef
Aspirant

Re: suggestions for upgrading memory on the RNDP4000 (pro 4)

so after much testing and access checks we wanted to share with you that our issue has now been solved!

we upgraded the pro 4 with one stick of Crucial CT25664AC800 2GB DDR2-800 SODIMM RAM as per the suggestion of StephenB and, together with the shift to OS 6.8.1, it's all working perfectly again! the unit also feels snappier when accessing pages, directories and even frontview so we're over the moon to have this working again.

we'd just like to say thank you very much for everybody that has chimed in and offered their support in trying to fix this and no worries about the mix up shandshark; very grateful to have had your suggestion

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

I used Hynix HMT325S6BFR8C-H9 (2GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SODIMM).  I had not noticed any problems, I did this preventatively because the OS seems to be getting larger.  So, I have not really noticed any significant improvement.  But my utilization of that system is pretty tame, too.

Message 2 of 5
wideef
Aspirant

should have popped the lid before buying as hynix 2GB HMT325S6BFR8C-H9 arrived but it's ddr3 and our RN is ddr2 which means it doesn't fit. maybe we've/you've got a different board to the one we have?

so the search goes on; anybody have any other ddr2 sodimm recommendations for RNDP400 (Pro 4) please?

Message 3 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

I upgraded the Pro4 for somebody else and looked up what I bought.  Now I'm thinking I may have made a mstake and that's the memory for the Pro2.  But why the Pro2 would use DDR3 and the Pro4, expected to be a more capable system, would use DDR3 is beyond me.  My appologies if I steared you in the wrong direction.

Message 4 of 5
wideef
Aspirant

so after much testing and access checks we wanted to share with you that our issue has now been solved!

we upgraded the pro 4 with one stick of Crucial CT25664AC800 2GB DDR2-800 SODIMM RAM as per the suggestion of StephenB and, together with the shift to OS 6.8.1, it's all working perfectly again! the unit also feels snappier when accessing pages, directories and even frontview so we're over the moon to have this working again.

we'd just like to say thank you very much for everybody that has chimed in and offered their support in trying to fix this and no worries about the mix up shandshark; very grateful to have had your suggestion

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements