Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Genie Timeline Unspecified Error

DLSchmidt11
Tutor

Genie Timeline Unspecified Error

Getting an "Unspecified error" from Genie Timeline resident App that keeps repeating every second with annoying sound. Acknowledging the error pop-up window does not clear message because it keeps repeating.  I believe the error was initiated when I interrupted (paused) a ReadySHARE backup that was unintentionally started.  Subsequently, I restarted and completed the backup, but the repeating error message continued throughout and thereafter.  The only way I was able to stop the message and beeping was to use Task Manager to terminate the process GenieTimelineService.exe.  Obviously this drastic action defeats the scheduled backups by the ReadySHARE application.  How can I permanently clear the error message?  Also please fix the bug that initially triggered the error and please eliminate the unnecessary annoying beeping from the logic.

Message 1 of 33
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DLSchmidt11,

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app then going through the backup setup again?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 33
DLSchmidt11
Tutor

Thanks for the feedback Dexter.  I did as you suggested and unintstalled, then re-installed the ReadyShare Vault application on my Windows XP desktop Dell computer.  This cleared the error.  I then modified the backup settings (frequency and max storage size) and started a new backup.  This new backup ran to 99% complete (1 item remaining) and again triggered the repetitious "unspecified error" message.  Again the error will not clear when acknowledged.  I subsequently rebooted the PC and the error message returns.  I re-opened the ReadyShare app, which still showed 99% complete, then paused and resumed the backup.  The backup status now indicates 100% complete, but the error meesage persists.

I have also since installed ReadyShare Vault on my new Windows 10 Dell laptop and sucessfully ran a backup with no error messages.  Do you have any other ideas regarding the "unspecified error" message that continues on my Windows XP machine?

Darrell

Message 3 of 33
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DLSchmidt11,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 33
Abuelo
Aspirant

Message 5 of 33
Abuelo
Aspirant

I have the same problem, is there a fix?  I have un installed and re-installed and still have the same error.

Message 6 of 33
bfd245
Aspirant

i also have the same issue on my Nighthawk X6 R8000 .

Message 7 of 33
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Abuelo and @bfd245,

1. What is the model number and firmware version of your device?

2. Do you have the ReadySHARE Vault program installed?

3. What is the operating system of the device where you are experiencing the issue?

4. Does the issue persist on your other devices where you have the program installed?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 8 of 33
bfd245
Aspirant

1 Nighthawk X6 R8000 V1.0.3.46_1.1.32

2 yes ReadySHARE Vault program installed

3 win 10

4 this is my only device. It worked fine fore over a year. I also no longer can log in to my router from genie. Both of these issues started at the same time

Message 9 of 33
bfd245
Aspirant

any help you can offer would be appreciated

Message 10 of 33
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @bfd245,

Please update the router's firmware to the latest version (1.0.3.48) available and do a factory reset.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 11 of 33
bfd245
Aspirant

i updated firmware but still have the same issue. here is a screen shot with errorsCapture.JPG

Message 12 of 33
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @bfd245,

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 13 of 33
myryde77
Star

Hey Dexter @DexterJB
I have the same setup as the previous post could you please send me a message as well as to what this fix is? Or post if so everyone can see?
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 14 of 33
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @myryde77,

The case is currently being worked on. We will provide an update once available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 15 of 33
myryde77
Star

Hi @DexterJB,

I installed the latest versions of Genie and Readyshare vault on a different PC running windows 10 as well and it worked just fine.  I am guessing this issue we are seeing is with the update process from one version to the next.  Since uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix the issue, could it be that the uninstall doesn't remove everything it needs to?  Could you provide any insight on what else we may want to delete in order to get a fresh install?

Message 16 of 33
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @myryde77,

You can try third party uninstaller applications that can remove all files related to the program if that is an option for you then do a fresh install of the ReadySHARE Vault.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 17 of 33
myryde77
Star

Hi @DexterJB,
I tried uninstalling. Using revo uninstaller, but it came up with the same error. No luck there. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Message 18 of 33
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @myryde77,

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 19 of 33
lgkevents
Initiate

I am having the same exact issues and it won't stop or go away. Has there been a resolution yet?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 20 of 33
myryde77
Star

I went back to the previous version of readyshare vault and it's working. No resolution for the updated version.
Message 21 of 33
dprice03
Aspirant

Hello I am also getting this annoying error message (Genie Timelline Unspecified Error). From reading through the posts, simply uninstalling it does not work. PLEASE let me know how to PERMANENTLY remove this annoying error message. Thank you!

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 22 of 33
myryde77
Star

Install the old version. The new one won't work
Message 23 of 33
myryde77
Star

Install the old version. New one won't work
Message 24 of 33
Thompa3642
Tutor

Hi ,

I am experincing teh same issues.

Where do I download the old version from?

My R6700v2 disconnects from the internet every day and it seems this generates the error message in the GenietimeLine error... or coud it be the other way around?

Anyway, can you please advise to remove this annoying error? I have to switch of my speakers - which has other consequences!

thanks in anticipation,

Allan

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 25 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7