Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: nighthawk app version 2.5.0.47 - no device found by device manager

asiegbucp
Tutor

nighthawk app version 2.5.0.47 - no device found by device manager

After upgrading the nighthawk app on my iPhone to version 2.5.0.47; the device manager on the app cannot find none of my connected WiFi devices and yet I have about 7 devices connected to the Netgear WiFi router device. This is very frustrating as I cannot conveniently manage my WiFi devices anymore. See attached picture.
Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Community,

We recently released Nighthawk app version 2.5.1.10 on iOS. Please update or reinstall the Nighthawk app and let us know if your issue persists. 

Thanks,

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 17

All Replies
Hasib
Initiate

I’m having the same exact error on my device as well
Message 2 of 17
juneroh
Aspirant

Same problem started a few days ago. Very frustrating. I cannot mange the attached devices anymore.
Message 3 of 17
jonahkeegan
Aspirant

Same issue, the latest update seems to have broken this feature. 😞
Message 4 of 17
EBotto246
Aspirant

Same troubles. Is there another way to access the manager? I turned off kids phones and tvs so they would go to sleep last night and now I have no way to turn back on. Guidance please. 

Model: R6080|AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 17
Diss123
Aspirant

This afternoon the device manager on my Nighthawk app started showing "No device found!" and I have at least 9 devices connected.  This is frustrating as I use this feature daily to limit child's access to internet. Please help!!

Message 6 of 17
WME615
Aspirant

The Nighthawk App for iOS is unable to load connected Wi-Fi devices. Really frustrating. Anyone know how to resolve or how to contact Netgear about this?
Model: AC2400|Nighthawk AC2400 Smart WiFi Router
Message 7 of 17
AlexDage
Aspirant

We are having the exact same problem and this is getting on my nerves. Such a garbage app.... always something not working properly! First, I had to pass through remote management to have access to my devices, now nothing works, I have to go through the Netgear Genie on my computer to manage my devices... Will get rid of this garbage in a very near future and will deal no more with Netgear products. I'm done!

Message 8 of 17
smalbois
Aspirant

Same issue.... app got updated on the phone 2 days ago and no device found since. Poor, very poor experience Netgear. Some testing is a good idea.

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 9 of 17
Chickengutz
Aspirant

You can use the link below for details on how to use a web browser. Once logged in click the Advanced tab->Security->Access Control.

https://kb.netgear.com/980/How-do-I-log-in-to-my-NETGEAR-home-router 

Message 10 of 17
Thakkar
Aspirant

Initially I thought it may be just my phone, so uninstalled the app, reinstalled and reconfigured the router. But that did not solve the issue. After reaching this page, I realize others are facing this too after the app upgrade. Anyone found the solution to resolve this on the app?

It works from web URL, but really need it on the app. So frustrating.  

Message 11 of 17
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Community, 

Our engineering team is aware of an issue with the device manager feature not functioning properly on the Nighthawk app and they are currently investigating. In the meantime, please use the web browser to manage your devices. 

Thank you for understanding,

Christian

Message 12 of 17
asiegbucp
Tutor

Maybe it will take Netgear engineering team ages to fix their mess. Maybe they fix their mess when most of us customers drop Netgear devices and switch to linksys devices. What an unnecessary frustration and very bad business mistake. Fix your mess Netgear NOW!
Message 13 of 17
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Community,

We recently released Nighthawk app version 2.5.1.10 on iOS. Please update or reinstall the Nighthawk app and let us know if your issue persists. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 14 of 17
Diss123
Aspirant

Your Nighthawk App update fixed my problem. Thanks!!!
Message 15 of 17
AlexDage
Aspirant

Ok so the app update fixed one problem. Now, my problem is that I can manage my devices only by remote access. By the HOME access it says "no devices found" and I get an error : "Sorry the action was failed. Please try again." My wife have the same problem on her iPhone and iPad...

Message 16 of 17
asiegbucp
Tutor

Recent nighthawk app update 2.5.1.10 cannot be logged into. What a stressful and annoying app! Can an adult in Netgear fully test this app before releasing it to the public? This is an absolute embarrassment to the reputation of Netgear. Please fix your app once all for all!
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series