× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

@quadrophenic So literally everything appears offline? There are only the two versions which can be got to from the top of the beta forum. Also what do you mean none of the features work? Could you be specific please?

@nemozac Okay thank you, I have created a new ticket for this here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Geo-Filter-shows-RPC-error/m-p/1964... , could you post there with a full page screenshot of the error please? Are there any devices that do appear online?

@DillyDilly Do you have any online devices? Are there any similarities between the offline devices e.g. same device types etc Old firmware: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Firmware-download-V2-3-2-63/m-p/194...

@z0nk if you do TFTP again does it work?
Message 26 of 635
z0nk
Star

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@z0nkCan you unplug the USBs from the router please as I’ve seen these cause issues before, then reboot the router. Then if you’re still having trouble try the TFTP process again.

As I wrote - no usb devices are inserted, just power adapter and network cable. When pressing reset button - router doesn't have any reaction (power led is not active, and even doesn't blink when power on router)

Message 27 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@z0nk unplug the router from power for 5 minutes then connect to power. Wait 1-2 minutes and attempt the reset again please.
Message 28 of 635
z0nk
Star

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@z0nkunplug the router from power for 5 minutes then connect to power. Wait 1-2 minutes and attempt the reset again please.

Unpluged yesteday for whole night (no ac adpated and lan cables connected) - still same behaviour 😞 What is strange, that after upgrade it worked for almost 1 day.

Message 29 of 635
quadrophenic
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser Initially yes no devices reappear. I have since rebooted the router and watched as most were discovered and then immediately moved to offline. Then they constantly switch between offline and online with no apparent cause. 

Message 30 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@z0nk and no settings were changed at all prior to this behavior?

@quadrophenic What type of devices do you have connected?
Message 31 of 635
z0nk
Star

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@z0nkand no settings were changed at all prior to this behavior?

I think not, however after put beta firmware using tftp method I invoked factory reset from web interface and reconfigured it from scrach manually.

Message 32 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you able to access something by going to 192.168.1.1/adv_index.html?
Message 33 of 635
quadrophenic
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser all kinds you can think of! WAP, Laptops, Windows PC's, phones, ipads, network switches, NAS, Sky Q, xbox, nintendo switch, fire TV, multiple echo devices, philips hue hub, wifi smart plugs TV's, Sonos speakers, ring doorbell and cameras.  There is no pattern to what shows as online. As I type there are 2 echo devices and 2 windows PC's showing as connected. The only unusual set up I have is that I use a second router as my DHCP server, XR500 does not assign the ip's. However I have had this set up for a long time and it has always worked fine. Until DumaOS 3 showed up.

Message 34 of 635
quadrophenic
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser I have downgraded again and everything magically appears. Will wait another 7 weeks for your next attempt.

Message 35 of 635
Raf1212
Apprentice

https://imgur.com/gFgGYfZ

https://imgur.com/HzAoHhU

https://imgur.com/Ql9nrsM

https://imgur.com/ug8JIY4

hello today I installed new software139; during the installation, error white page, after refreshing known ip conflict and changed to 10.0.0.1, then good, another error tour photo, another error, ipv6 is turned off, and so shows ipv6 prefixes on two phones; and two ip addresses for one computer,

in wikend I will check ipv6 if they work

device manager works perfectly, devices come and go very smoothly
geo filter works fine, new look is very cool and functional
speed test still has problems showing slow download speeds
the pings look correct
ping hitman I have 37 servers 30 shows well 7 filled

I will add that changing any internet settings from automatic to static causes the error of the entire software,

speed tests do not start
ping hitman not loading
geo filter is not loading
only the info page works
and page for internet settings

small packet loss in 1% tests

after the weekend I will try to add more information

Message 36 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@quadrophenic if you connect one device directly to the XR500 and have the XR500 give it a reserved IP or set it manually on the device does it appear online then?

@Raf1212 could you do a factory reset please and let us know what issues remain?
Message 37 of 635
locosano
Star

Hello ,

Good report of this update .. catastrophic I need at least 2 to 3 minutes to be able to access the interface and each change of parameter 2 to 3 minutes

-The benchmark still does not work speed level it finds me max 400 down while I have 950 on the speed configuration of the xr500, on the other hand I no longer have a ping peak at 400 ms on the bufferbloat (about 3 ms ) (a good thing)

in fact it is difficult to say anything else since my xr500 has been running at slow speed since the V2.3.2.63-DUMAOS3.0.139 update

I even went back to 0.92 and reinstall 0.139 + factory reset of the xr500 but still the same problem ...

a good point the geofilter I really like the new interface and the legend;)

waiting for a new update because my xr500 is at the limit of usable

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 38 of 635
DillyDilly
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser Devices missing have no common feature.  Also. some of my wireless devices are showing up as wired.  The device manager was broken after the last beta release on 7/3/20.  The link that you provided was for that beta.  I am looking for the very first beta that was released on 6/10/20 prior to this release: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Firmware-download-V2-3-2-63/m-p/194...The device manager worked in that release.  I believe that it is firmware V2.3.2.62.

Without a working Device Manager that recognizes which devices are on-line and which devices are off-line, many of the features in DumaOS 3.0 do not work properly (QOS, Geofilter, Network Monitor, Traffic Controller, Hybrid VPN).  So, for me, they are all turned off.    

Message 39 of 635
nemozac
Apprentice

Correct dilly, fix the device manager and all those services will work correctly.
Message 40 of 635
nemozac
Apprentice

Xbox is continually stuffing up because the device manager is showing online 1 minute than off the next. Can't even set a static ip in the router as it completely ignores it due to this... argh so broken.
Message 41 of 635
Petrin
Guide

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I have ATT Fiber and I updated to the new beta and my speeds don't go any further than 90 mbps, I disconnected the lan cable and connected directly to the att router and my speeds are going as intended when I do a speed test. Would that have anything to do with the beta software?

Message 42 of 635
quadrophenic
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser In the interest of testing I have upgraded again to the latest build. I have enabled the DHCP server on XR500, and set some ip reservations and still they dont stay online. The only device that seems to stick is whatever I am using to access the web interface. Several amazon echo devices stay online too but they are not consistent.

After making any change to lan settings lots of devices appear straight away then slowly but surely go offline again. Reboot has the same effect. It's as if a process/service is stopping.

I think this issue needs its own thread as I'm clearly not the only one and it is a high level feature because everything else seems to rely on it. In answer to an earlier question I still have the orginal dumaos3 release 2.63 without any os3 subfix, like you say that is not available in the forums but I'm glad I have it. Without device manager working most people cannot use this build.

Message 43 of 635
CoronalAurora
Apprentice

I have just upgraded to latest beta 63 .139  Device manager is still broken as others have said, wired, wireless all types of devices are offline. Couple of phones and Amazon Echo online. No LAN devices showing as online.

Message 44 of 635
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser there was a factory reset, I will do it again,today I noticed that the device manager will not show the sony android TV, and the upnp table does not clean

Message 45 of 635
locosano
Star

Update device manager still does not work it does not display the online devices so I do not see the use of lan devices in network monitor

Message 46 of 635
DillyDilly
Apprentice

I lost internet access on several devices overnight.  The most recent XR500 beta build is most certainly broken and unusable for me.  I have rolled back firmware to version V2.3.2.62 which worked pretty well other than the Adblocker and Connection Benchmark Rapps.

Message 47 of 635
quadrophenic
Apprentice

Decided to do some more testing without risking my entire network grinding to a halt. 

First tried to connect directly to the router via the XR500 wifi. So wifi is now enabled and my phone now shows in device manager, (this is the only device with the XR500 SSID) however now I can see that QoS isn't working. Sliders set to 60%, always enabled, yet phone still speed tests with full bandwidth. I am running on a PPPoE connection on BT fibre in the UK. I saw posts in the old forums relating to QoS not working on PPPoE before but I thought that was fixed. Possibly not. 

Decided to do a full factory reset and connect limited devices using XR500 and XR500 DHCP server. PC and phone connected and showed online and stayed there. QoS now working....

Connected my tado, smart thermostat hub (wired) and it showed up but because it had an IP from the old DHCP server, I power cycled it and it never get a new IP from XR500 therefore appeared offline and stayed there until a reboot. 

Then disabled the XR500 DHCP server and reconnected all my other devices via a switch...back to online/offline lottery. 

I am persisting with this latest build to try and help you guys but I will need to downgrade at some point because it simply doesnt do the job it needs to. In terms of lab testing setting then yes I guess device manager must look like its working. Try it again with a switch involved or allow another device to provide DHCP server and the problems should start showing up. Any other router I have used(Asus N66U, BT smarthub,ubiquit edgerouter X) are capable of getting the required device info even if something else is providing DHCP. 

Sorry for lengthy post but hope this helps. Maybe some others that are having device manager problems can mention if they have anything else a little more complicated that just devices connected directly to the XR500. @DillyDilly , @nemozac@Shiyam@Killerelite06 

@Netduma-Fraser P.S. we really need a dedicated thread for this problem. Please stop ignoring it

Message 48 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you are having the issue where the Device Manager is showing offline devices please post in this topic once with the requested information: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Devices-appearing-offline/m-p/19645...
Message 49 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you are having the issue where Connection Benchmark reports lower speeds than expected please post in this topic once with the requested information: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Lower-than-expected-speeds-in-Conne...
Message 50 of 635
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7