× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.120 (XR450)

dewayne221
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@dewayne221oh I see, did the factory reset using that page wipe everything successfully for you then?

no evrything reset except for index.html#com.netdumasoftware.qos i tried everything even held the reset on router for 30 seconds nothing is resetting that part

Message 26 of 126
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thank you, we'll take a look at that.
Message 27 of 126
david101097
Aspirant

Last night started to get random disconnects and has done it 3 times now for an 8 hour span and I have been updated to this firmware since the day it was released and have had no problems until last night and I have not changed any settings recently

Message 28 of 126
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for reporting, just to double check, did you factory reset after the upgrade?

Has anything changed in the environment in the last 24 hours or so? Any devices added or removed? Any changes to usage?

Message 29 of 126
david101097
Aspirant

No everything is basically the same no new devices or nothing and havent changed a setting in over a week and the problem just started last night, but I will say that its definitely the update because I revereted back to the stable version V2.3.2.114 and haven't had a reboot in hours now, and when it originally started last night it was doing it every 1 1/2 to 2 hours and also I mad sure to factory reset after the upgrade when I originally done it but im not sure what made it start randomly restarting because nothing has changed and is exactly the same

Message 30 of 126
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK thank you for this information.

In the interest of maintaining stability in your home network I'd suggest sticking with .114 for the time being as that's working for you.

Message 31 of 126
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

only issue is in QOS giving an error of "device not found"

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 32 of 126
mr_j2the
Aspirant

Hey guys, I successfully installed this firmware on my XR450 and performed a factory reset. So far, so good, though I noticed that the GeoFilter and the Traffic Prioritization doesn't seem to detect when I'm playing Street Fighter V on PC. I have yet to try with my PS4 but perhaps I have something misconfigured.. From within Geo-Filter Map, I clicked on "Add Device", selected my PC, and for the game, I selected "Unreal Engine". Is this the correct configuration?

Message 33 of 126
david101097
Aspirant

Alright I have an update on my previous post, after installing the stable version yesterday morning and playing warzone last night I had a complete disconnect on my router once again so I started thinking as to what it could be and I noticed it mainly happens when im playing warzone and I noticed my speeds were considerably lower so when it happened last night and it had completely rebooted I for some reason had no internet connection and I was thinking maybe I was getting ddosed and I decided to change my wan ip because I have a static ip block that I pay extra for though my isp and that fixed it completely my speeds were back to normal and also I havent had a disconnect since so maybe it wasn't the new beta version after all but I will test it here in a few days to see if I still get disconnects with the beta

Message 34 of 126
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@iielmesswavy good to hear, that should be resolved by a factory reset but currently looking into an issue where a reset isn't clearing QoS properly.
@mr_j2the I don't think it uses the Unreal Engine but if you add it using the Game Console service instead it will work.
@david101097 interesting, I wonder why that worked. Thanks for the update, keep us posted!
Message 35 of 126
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

Factory reset didn’t resolve the issue and it seems that it causing several device to lose wireless connection.
Message 36 of 126
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

So you're still seeing the same issue in QoS?

Is it just particular devices losing connection or is it all devices?

Do you still have access to the interface when this happens?

Message 37 of 126
Driftdee
Tutor

is this a beta? why is the XR450 update not officially out yet? the beta has been going since december of last year. the XR450 users have been waiting so long. there are so many features missing that we need.
Message 38 of 126
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Driftdee yes it is a beta, it's a whole OS upgrade it takes time to get it right. If you want to try it then you can upgrade.
Message 39 of 126
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It’s been sometime since I formatted the router when the update came out but now I’m having issues with slow Internet and the 5 GHz network isn’t connecting to my phone whenever I try to connect it it says cannot connect to network only the 2.4 G can connect and I’m feeling slower Internet than usual sometimes I get laggy Internet connection when I play video games on my Xbox when hard wired
Message 40 of 126
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Retired_Member what do you mean by slow internet - slow bandwidth speeds, websites taking awhile to load? Forget the 5GHz network on your phone then reconnect by entering the password again. Also what is the phone model? What are your bandwidth speeds? What QoS settings are you using?
Message 41 of 126
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I’m using the iPhone XR I have the gigabit speed connection and it also happens on my laptop and I do forget the network connection and then when I input the connection again it works and then later on it disconnect and reconnect to the 2.4 speed and the Internet gets slow all together and I lag on my gaming console whenever I play call of duty
Message 42 of 126
Retired_Member
Not applicable

And I use default QOS settings
Message 43 of 126
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Use Congestion Control on the QoS page as this is what it was specifically designed to help with, set it to 70% download/upload with Always selected and see if it is any better. Have you changed the 5GHz channel to a DFS one by any chance?
Message 44 of 126
Retired_Member
Not applicable

That was enabled the upload speed was at 70% it was the update that I was using The update was messing the router up with slower Internet connection and Missing the 5 GHz band so my stuff wouldn’t connect
Message 45 of 126
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I just downgraded to the older beta update This one works much better
Message 46 of 126
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I don’t even know what DFS is
Message 47 of 126
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't think there are any specific QoS type changes in this version that would differ from the previous version. I suspect if you upgrade again then it may be better.
Message 48 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you factory reset and setup the router from scratch after applying the FW update? 

@Retired_Member wrote:
It’s been sometime since I formatted the router when the update came out but now I’m having issues with slow Internet and the 5 GHz network isn’t connecting to my phone whenever I try to connect it it says cannot connect to network only the 2.4 G can connect and I’m feeling slower Internet than usual sometimes I get laggy Internet connection when I play video games on my Xbox when hard wired

Message 49 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

v120
Factory reset and setup from scratch.

CN1200 Cable modem - 1Gb Down/50Mpbs Up

3 Test devices:
Windows x64 1Gb Wired
Mac Book Pro 2018 OSX 11.3 Beta 7 Wireless
iPhone 12 Mac iOS 14.42 Wireless

WPA2-AES Only.

Connection Benchmark not hitting anywhere near 900Mpbs with QoS Enabled or Disabled:

QoS EnabledQoS EnabledQoS DisabledQoS Disabled

Wired PC:
QoS disabled. Good speeds near 900Mpbs or higher.
QoS Enabled 100% Sliders saw higher 800Mpbs speeds.
QoS Enbled 75% Sliders saw higher 800Mpbs speeds
All tests ran 3 times each.

Mac Book Pro would not conect wirelessly to 5Ghz SSID using Smart Connect, manual channels 11 and 149, Beamforming, MIMO and HT160 enabled. Mac Book seems to prefer the 2.4Ghz frequency vs 5Ghz. Only after I disabled HT160, did the Mac Book connect to the 5Ghz signal at 1300Mpbs. QoS Enabled 75% Sliders saw 800Mpbs speeds

iPhone connected to to SSID using Smart Connect, manual channels 11 and 149, Beamformming, MIMO and HT160 enabled. QoS Enabled 75% Sliders saw 600Mpbs speeds

iPhone connected to to SSID using Smart Connect, manual channels 11 and 149, Beamformming, MIMO and HT160 enabled. QoS Enabled 100% Sliders and speed test app started failing to find server to speed test with. Repeated reboots and Power cycles would not resolve speed test app failure.

iPhone connected to to SSID using Smart Connect, manual channels 11 and 149, Beamformming, MIMO and HT160 enabled. QoS Disabled and speed test app started failing to find server to speed test with. Repeated reboots and Power cycles would not resolve speed test app failure.

iPhone connected to to SSID using Smart Connect, manual channels 11 and 149, Beamformming, MIMO enabled and HT160 disabled. QoS Disabled and speed test app saw 600Mpbs speeds

Mac Book Pro connected to to SSID using Smart Connect, manual channels 11 and 149, Beamformming, MIMO enabled and HT160 disabled. QoS Disabled and speed test app saw 800Mpbs speeds

Re-eanbled HT160 on the XR450 and the Mac Book Pro would reconnect however speed was at 1170Mpbs then connected at 1300Mbps as the speed test app ran, using same wireless configuration as above with out HT160 enabled. Seems that OSX fails back to lower connection rate if not being used.

Mac Book Pro connected to to SSID using Smart Connect, manual channels 11 and 149, Beamformming, MIMO enabled and HT160 enabled. QoS Enabled 100% Sliders and speed test app saw 800Mpbs.

Mac Book Pro connected to to SSID using Smart Connect, manual channels 11 and 149, Beamformming, MIMO enabled and HT160 enabled. QoS Enabled 75% Sliders and speed test app saw 700Mpbs then the up speed test did not start then "Could not connect to the Internet" message appeared on the app and the test failed.

iPhone connected to to SSID using Smart Connect, manual channels 11 and 149, Beamformming, MIMO enabled and HT160 Enabled. QoS Disabled and speed test app saw 600Mpbs speeds

iPhone connected to to SSID using Smart Connect, manual channels 11 and 149, Beamformming, MIMO enabled and HT160 enabled. QoS Enabled and 100% Sliders and speed test app saw 600Mpbs speed on 1st test then started failing on next test run. The speedteset app reporting "Finding optimal server" message and a spinning circle. Test failed.

iPhone connected to to SSID using Smart Connect, manual channels 11 and 149, Beamformming, MIMO and HT160 disabled. QoS Enabled 100% Sliders and speed test app saw 600Mpbs.

Summary:

Connection Benchmark testing is not seeing anything near 900Mpbs. Something similar had been seen on NetDumas R series routers as well. 

Seems that the Mac Book and ipPone/speed test app doesn't like it when QoS is enabled with sliders at 75-100%, Auto Enabled and HT160 is enabled. Mac Book seems to pick 2.4Ghz over 5Ghz when Smart Connect and HT160 is enabled. Seems that HT160 causes problems for the most part. 

Also notice that after the router is ready, both wifi LEDs are ON and seem enabled but it takes about 30 seconds longer for the actual BSSID to appear and the device to connect to the signal when Smart Connect was disabled.

Message 50 of 126
Discussion stats
  • 125 replies
  • 17 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7