× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.120 (XR500)

Phantomblu
Apprentice

Good morning. Once I updated the router I reset .

Playing in Geo-filter nothing ever appears.

The reset operation I tried at least twice .Screenshot (23).png

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 551 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you playing on Console or on PC? You don't appear to have any games open there on your PC.

Message 552 of 607
Phantomblu
Apprentice

Believe me The Geofilter to me does not work ....

Not now but later I post you a picture with the game open on PC .... At a later time I can not ...

Message 553 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Remove it from the Geo-Filter, go to the Device Manager and give the PC the PlayStation device type. Then go back and add it with the manual option. Do this before you launch the game or the client then it should work.
Message 554 of 607
Phantomblu
Apprentice

I tried, to do as you say, it doesn't work.

Tomorrow when I come back from work I will try again and I will let you know better ....

Message 555 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK, let us know how you get on and we can look into it further.

Message 556 of 607
Phantomblu
Apprentice

Screenshot (9)_LI.jpgTonight I tested another little and I realized that as playstation does not work, but when I switched to console something was seen. They saw a server and then after my modem but 'instead of' place it in the map on rome placed it as PEER in the Atlantic sea just below Africa ....

Message 557 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The icon off Africa is an anomaly so you can ignore that completely, it won't affect your Geo-Filter experience at all. Have you been able to force servers now then?
Message 558 of 607
Phantomblu
Apprentice

For now I managed to force ,
I spotted only one server between belgium and holland ... I can't be precise... I keep trying if you give me 'others, but already' and' better ....

Message 559 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There will be others, use Ping Heatmap to find out where they are located and use that to influence your Geo-Filter settings.
Message 560 of 607
OnDemGrapes
Aspirant

I keep getting [script error] any time I try to access my dashboard and can’t get past this to try a factory reset. Anyone else having this issue? What options do I have?
Message 561 of 607
Knightkast
Star

Buy a new router. Plenty of other options that have better support.
Message 562 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Is this after upgrading to the new firmware? I'd suggest resetting by holding the reset pin on the back of the router for thirty seconds, you should then be able to access the interface and run through the setup wizard again.

Message 563 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

We are working on it, I appreciate it's been a while. We're currently working on a new build system that can automate a lot of the process of building firmwares. This should massively increase the frequency of new firmwares in future once it's done, thanks for your patience!

Message 564 of 607
iCranKiesT
Aspirant

the ping heatmap does not work for me with Warzone and MW but it does with other games, I already factory reset my xr500 and nothing.

Message 565 of 607
iCranKiesT
Aspirant

243395559_612069789928760_6083883170566108817_n.png

Message 566 of 607
iCranKiesT
Aspirant

242705435_1733983873659018_999975130370422195_n.png

Message 567 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

They are changing the servers around a lot at the moment meaning we're doing about 2 updates a day which is a lot more than usual. When this happens resync the cloud, if that doesn't work then there is nothing you can do until we do an update
Message 568 of 607
OnDemGrapes
Aspirant

Ignoring the negativity here lol. Thanks for response, this was not after updating firmware and I did push the button in back for factory reset and same thing and I was unable to make any changes to QOS or anything in UI due to not being able to get past Script Error. It’s possible due to my new update for Safari on my Mac that I was unable to access further due to Script error. I downloaded Google Chrome and was still getting error but I was able to access the dashboard and go into settings to downgrade firmware and the updating again. It works back to normal for now. I just think this version is still buggy. Hopefully we get another stable release soon with ad block
Message 569 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Interesting, one thing worth echoing what Fraser mentioned in that you need to hold the reset button for at least thirty seconds for it to factory reset.

Glad to hear it's working better now nonetheless, thanks for your feedback and let us know if you run into anything else!

Message 570 of 607
Compoza_
Luminary

Hello guys! Any ETA for latest netduma os 3.0? It's been awhile since the .120.

Message 571 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Nothing to report currently, we're doing quite a bit of work on our processes to make everything a bit faster when it comes to making firmware. I'll try and get an idea of when we might get a version.
Message 572 of 607
CodeFoxtrot
Initiate

Simply unacceptable.  I've had this xr500 for almost a year now, and it's clearly an unfinished product.  When I found this community over 6 months ago, I held out hope that a new firmware and dumaOS upgrade was in the works to make this a complete product.  There's no other way to put it than you failed.

This is my FIRST and LAST Netgear product, EVER.

I went back to my Amazon purchase from a year ago and was sure to provide a review that pointed at this particular community thread, so prospective buyers can preview what they're in for and spend their money elsewhere.  I'm pleased every time I see my review marked as helpful.

I know there are probably some good folks working behind the scenes at Netgear, so perhaps my feedback doesn't apply-- but it's your fault for staying there.  Leave and find a better company to work for.

Message 573 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I know it's been a long time since we released a new beta firmware for the XR500, it's partly due to a lot of internal improvements here at Netduma.

We've been working on new, more automated systems for building and testing firmwares. They're both massive projects but they're nearly done and are currently functional. This has been one of the factors causing these delays but it will mean we're able to build and release firmwares far more regularly.

I understand if you're not interested in using your XR500 anymore, but if you change your mind please know that we are most certainly working on it and hope to have new firmware for you all soon.

Message 574 of 607
Philippe2021
Guide

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

I know it's been a long time since we released a new beta firmware for the XR500, it's partly due to a lot of internal improvements here at Netduma.

We've been working on new, more automated systems for building and testing firmwares. They're both massive projects but they're nearly done and are currently functional. This has been one of the factors causing these delays but it will mean we're able to build and release firmwares far more regularly.

I understand if you're not interested in using your XR500 anymore, but if you change your mind please know that we are most certainly working on it and hope to have new firmware for you all soon.

I have the same opinion about the XR500 which does have serious issues with the wifi as you know (NFS, Samba, SSH, etc..). If this silly problem could be fixed AT LAST, that could be fine. But I doubt very much. The XR500 is not finished. For the Wifi, I have to use a TP-LINK AP plugged into the XR500. It's just crazy.

Message 575 of 607
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7