× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR1000 open nat, upnp and dmz

rounder
Aspirant

It just happened again, router restart, I will try to erase one more time/factory reset but the wird thing it was fine before I used DMZ, of course nothing in logs becasue of restart.

It is really unfortunate that basic functions as UPNP dont work properly , OS is super slow, CPU usage high. Again this is not a beta product and it feels like it will be beta for some time to come.

I would really like to hear about any ETA, as otherwise I will just go back to asus which is stable but doesnt have geo fencing....

Message 26 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK thank you, let us know how you get on after a factory reset.

I understand your frustrations here, as you've seen in the latest beta there are changes coming to the next version to speed up UI and address existing issues, thanks for your patience.

Message 27 of 35
rounder
Aspirant

HI there, any news on new firmware?

I think, its months now that supposedely non beta software is released with bugs.

UPNP doesnt work as inteneted, open nat issue. Port forward and UPNP cant be simultanously enabled as it crashes port forward completely, i needed to reset router twice when tried.

Without UPNP my internet radio (mu-so) keeps chopping up for example.

Speed test under load shows c or d jitter results...

missing hybrid vpn, interface is still super slugish, comparable to geocities websites in 1997....

Geo filter just doesnt work with Warzone, never displays server connected to or connects to servers outside range....

I would have thought buying a porduct top of the line with non beta software would have basic features working as upnp...

Message 28 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Nothing at the moment. What port forward rules are you trying to make? UPnP opens ports based on what devices need so makes sense why a service wouldn't work well without it. Ping Test Under Load indicates you need to experiment with QoS to bring those results down. It's not missing HybridVPN as it wasn't chosen to be implemented by NG. Can you provide a screenshot of your entire Geo-Filter page please?
Message 29 of 35
FostHeeeR
Aspirant

Hello Fraser, can you please send me the same PM that you sent him I want open nat ports in xbox series x I am using XR500 with duma os 3.0 beta.

Message 30 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@FostHeeeR it is a different router so the firmware will not apply but you don't need this on the XR500. In WAN Settings set NAT to Open and you'll get an Open NAT.
Message 31 of 35
rounder
Aspirant

Hi there, it has been more then 7 months since last firmware update. Any eta on next release tgat shiuld fix upnp issues withcopen nat at least???
Message 32 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@rounder no ETA but the team are working on it rest assured and will get it out as soon as they can!
Message 33 of 35
Swagchain01
Aspirant

Xr1000 not even an option on model selection, but I’ve had nothing but issues with it too. Got a dummy router from spectrum for $5/mo to test b/c I was so frustrated and it currently works better! I wish I kept the nighthawk I purchased 3 years ago, this is a nightmare.
Message 34 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Swagchain01 sorry to hear that, if you make a new topic we can help you with your issues
Message 35 of 35
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7