× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DumasOS not loaded yet

DumasOS not loaded yet

Hello,

I have recently purcahsed Nighthawk XR1000 pro gaming router. After one month when i trying to login into the router settings I am getting error 'DumasOS not loaded yet'. I did clear browser cache setting and also tried using different but still getting the same error. 

Thanks and regards.

Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

Does everything else still work? 

Try firefox.

I notice you have a 10.0.0.1 address. 

what's the xr1000 connected to for modem/gateway?

Message 2 of 12

Yes everything is working. I am able to access net through wifi. Tried Mozilla, Edge, Opera but still shows the same error. Earlier I was able to access the router settings but now it gives the error DumasOS not loaded yet. No modem nothing direct connection from ISP.

Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

Have you tried a simple factory reset? 

Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk Gaming Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH gaming router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@Renovatio_Nixie wrote:

Hello,

I have recently purcahsed Nighthawk XR1000 pro gaming router. After one month when i trying to login into the router settings I am getting error 'DumasOS not loaded yet'. I did clear browser cache setting and also tried using different but still getting the same error. 

Thanks and regards.

Message 5 of 12

Factory reset is the last resort. I have already setup the router settings and its time consuming to do those settings again. If everytime we have to do factory reset then what is the use ???.

Message 6 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

You can save off a back up configuration before you reset. There is a reason why NG out that in there FW. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Message 7 of 12

So the only solution I get from Netgear team is factory reset. Good Good. So everytime anyone of us gets the error of 'DumasOS not loaded yet' is factory reset great!!!. So we need to save the router setting backup files and do factory reset. But the simple firmware update from Netgear team is not possible.... Hilarious. 

Message 8 of 12
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you able to access the router using the Nighthawk App? Don't factory reset just yet, there's still a couple of things we can check out.

Message 9 of 12

I already did the factory reset and now it is working. But going through the app and factory reset are the only solution then god help us all who have purchased and are going to purchase the NETGEAR PRO GAMING XR1000 router. I know this is the new product but aleast update the router name in model listings, so that indexing of the queries would be easy to handle. In the support section update the faq's for the newly launched product. Hope Netgear team are reading this and do the needful at the earliest.

Message 10 of 12
plemans
Guru

@Renovatio_Nixie wrote:

So the only solution I get from Netgear team is factory reset. Good Good. So everytime anyone of us gets the error of 'DumasOS not loaded yet' is factory reset great!!!. So we need to save the router setting backup files and do factory reset. But the simple firmware update from Netgear team is not possible.... Hilarious. 

Factory reset isn't usually needed. I rarely need to do them. but if someones having an issue, it can sometimes be a lot faster for them and get their device up and running quicker then going back/forth mutliple times on the forum. Which is why its one of the top steps when the quick basic stuff has been gone through. 

If you this is a new purchase you're always welcome to go through support for it. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Also, please keep in mind, we're not the "Netgear team". this is the community support forum where members of the public help out. We're not netgear and its rare to find a netgear moderator on here.  @Netduma-Liam is one of the few official Netduma people on here so is pretty familar with those devices and has great advice. 

Message 11 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Usually a reboot fixes this issue and doesn't require a factory reset. Also this is a community forum so most people responding will be users, we (Netduma) so me and Liam from the DumaOS team always respond and help out where we can.
Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series