× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR1000 Port Forwarding UI Empty

SmokeyOdin
Tutor

XR1000 Port Forwarding UI Empty

Hi Everyone,

I've just brought a new XR1000 (1.0.0.58_1.0.44) and I had setup my port forwarding stuff just fine, but now whenever I go to the page the list is empty, and creating new ones tells me its already open, but I can't delete them as they aren't there, and when I add a new one it starts a new list.

Anyway to get them back without having to reset the router back and start again?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 33
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Does simply rebooting the router fix the issue? Try that if you haven't already.

If not, perhaps try accessing the interface from a new browser or incognito window and see if they're displayed there.

Message 2 of 33
SmokeyOdin
Tutor

Yeah I’ve tried all that even different browsers in case it was chrome or something, in the end I was forced to have to reset it and start again as I needed to fix the UI
Message 3 of 33
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Right OK, and is it now working better for you?

Message 4 of 33
SmokeyOdin
Tutor

Seems to be at the moment but if it happens again I’ll give an update
Message 5 of 33
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK thank you, yeah please do.

Message 6 of 33
bjenkins83
Aspirant

I have the same issue, I did a factory reset, everything showed up, and the ports worked, but about two minutes later the ports stop working and nothing shows in UI anymore. . 

Message 7 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide the rules you're trying to make? It might be they're invalid and so that is why they are being removed
Message 8 of 33
bjenkins83
Aspirant

Port forwarding ports 180 and 1443, to lan IP.  These were working perfectly for months, then all of a sudden they stopped working. 

so I factory restored the router and set it up from scratch. it worked then a couple of minutes later stops.

I had the firmware XR1000 1.0.0.58.  when the issue started.

I upgraded to XR1000 1.0.0.64_1.0.49 and still have the same issues after upgrade.    resetted router again, but same issue still applies. 

Message 9 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you deleting the device from the Device Manager that you're trying to apply them to by any chance? Give the device a static IP in LAN Settings then make sure you don't remove it from the Device Manager even if it goes offline and see if it works then
Message 10 of 33
bjenkins83
Aspirant

Nope, have set the pc to static ip, and haven't deleted anything..  its the only pc on my network that is static. 

Message 11 of 33
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

What browser are you accessing the interface from? Can you think of any changes to the network around the time that you started noticing this issue?

Message 12 of 33
bjenkins83
Aspirant

google chrome.

Nope there hasn't been any changes in the network. 

However I reloaded the firmware, downloaded from netgear directly and not from the auto update feature within the router. then re set up again as out of box, then ever since it has been working again. 

I don't know what caused it or anything, but strange it started working again. 

Message 13 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear it is working, thanks for the update, it may have been the firmware was corrupted somehow when doing the auto update.
Message 14 of 33
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello, I regularly have the same problem.

When I happen to restart the router by cutting the power sometimes all the entries in my port openings disappear and no longer work however if I want to add them I have a message that an entry already exists and that there has a conflict.

At that time if I reset the router I can add the ports again but if I restore the backup again the list remains empty and I can no longer add the entries I have a conflict message.

Concretely, this is very problematic because as soon as my router crashes when opening the ports, it is impossible for me to restore the backup because each time the list remains empty and prevents me from adding again, as if the entries were present but not showing up or working.

Test in reset the same firmware, I had the same problem with the old firmware.

Clearly I think one can't back up hog open entries because when restoring from backup it never works.

Too bad for a product at this price to have to redo all the configuration at each reset

Message 15 of 33
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Have you tested the solution mentioned above where you upgrade the XR manually rather than using the auto-update feature? I'd suggest giving that a go and let us know how you get on.

Message 16 of 33
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Same problem, impossible to add the entry despite it being empty, I had to reset the router and reconfigure everything....

Message 17 of 33
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Did the issue persist after that or does it appear to be OK now? Let us know.

Message 18 of 33
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It's ok now but I know it will start again

Message 19 of 33
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Let us know if it does, it may be something to raise directly with NETGEAR at support.netgear.com. Unfortunately as a member of the Netduma team, we don't have too much control over the NETGEAR settings.

Message 20 of 33
SmokeyOdin
Tutor

Just to give an update to this, restarted the router this morning and the problem is back, port forwarding list is empty and cant add ones that were there before.

Message 21 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

They are likely still enabled if you can't add them then and for some reason just not visible, as above definitely a good plan to make a ticket with NG
Message 22 of 33
SmokeyOdin
Tutor

Problem is they aren't working when the port forward list is empty as I have reverse proxies etc that stop working when this happens, its like the port forwarding crashes but still has the list somewhere

Message 23 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ahh I see, out of interest when you rebooted did you do so by unplugging the power or using the power button/interface?
Message 24 of 33
SmokeyOdin
Tutor

the reboot way in the GUI

Message 25 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements