× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR450 Gaming Router Apple Product Issues

Andrewbrown615
Initiate

XR450 Gaming Router Apple Product Issues

Hello all,

I have recently upgraded to an XR450 Nighthawk Gaming Router for our home. We were having signal issues so I upped our coverage with this new router. I have been having issues with apple products lagging and I see in my settings that the 5g network is not fully accessible. With the setup wizard I am only showing one network instead of the 2 separate {2.4 and 5g} that I am used to seeing. I know apple products do better on 5g and am wondering why the setup doesn't let me create 2 networks. When streaming an apple tv, my wifes iphone struggles. This router should be able to handle many streaming devices simotaneously from what I understand. Have I done something wrong in the setup? We have 400mb internet and my speed tests are even higher than what we pay for so I know that is not the issue. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Smart Connect is a feature that combines both 2.4 & 5GHz into one WiFi network and then the router switches devices between 2.4 or 5GHz depending on their need. All you need to do is disable Smart Connect in the WiFi settings and you'll then see you can connect manually to 2.4 or 5GHz. Let us know if connecting to 5 works better.
Message 2 of 3
Andrewbrown615
Initiate

Perfect! I am new to all of this so thank you for pointing that out for me. That is exactly what I needed!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7