× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr500

Opal77
Tutor

Xr500

I was wondering if I can connect my XR500 gaming router to my D6220 modem router using the internet port
Model: D6200v2|AC1200 WiFi DSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Your ISP modem/router should have an ethernet cable connected from one of its' LAN ports to the yellow WAN/Internet port on the XR500.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes absolutely, you need to connect the router to a modem/router in order to receive internet.
Message 2 of 12
Opal77
Tutor

So please tell me this what should I be plugging my XR500 into? The Internet or the Ethernet port?
Message 3 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Your ISP modem/router should have an ethernet cable connected from one of its' LAN ports to the yellow WAN/Internet port on the XR500.
Message 4 of 12
Opal77
Tutor

Hi there I have done this and still no internet. I had it previously and it’s disappeared can you instruct me how to fix this? Please and thank you
Message 5 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a picture clearly showing how the D6220 is connected to the XR500 so I can clearly see the ports of both please.
Message 6 of 12
Opal77
Tutor

Message 7 of 12
Opal77
Tutor

Message 8 of 12
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

The wiring looks good. I recommend you factory reset your XR500 to start the bootup sequence again. Hopefully it will then see the new connection from your modem and auto set it up.

https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router

Message 9 of 12
Opal77
Tutor

This photo below is what displays when I try that, there is no accept anywhere what does it mean “present via the user interface for the respective service”
Message 10 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I understand what your issue is now. You've been trying to set up via a mobile device and therefore you cannot scroll to see the buttons correctly in the initial setup. You need to do the setup via a PC. Just means if it shows the button there to accept.
Message 11 of 12
Opal77
Tutor

I do recal it saying that in the set up manual should have followed it correctly. Thank you
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7