× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Registering a USED Switch

AP514
Tutor

Registering a USED Switch

not sure if in the correct Board. So, I posted here...feel free to move me if in wrong spot...

I just purchased this GS728TPPv2 Switch Used. 

Looking to make sure the Firmware is up to the latest but, The latest Firmware Under release notes say  "NOTE: This new firmware release requires product registration to unlock full access to the local browser UI." 

So, my question is can I register this switch and be able to get the Full Access ??

Or will Netgear Punish me for buying a Used Item and not NEW ??

Hoping for the best...

AP514

Model: GS728TPPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Use this NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ by email and the subject Correcting registration information because there are no phone numbers available (do NOT use Google - you will be scammed).

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

You would need to call NETGEAR Support to unregister it. You can priviate message me the serial number, I might be able to help. 

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Use this NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ by email and the subject Correcting registration information because there are no phone numbers available (do NOT use Google - you will be scammed).

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7