× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAXE500 - After latest firmware update v1.0.7.68_2.0.35

alekbrooks
Star

Nighthawk RAXE500 - After latest firmware update v1.0.7.68_2.0.35

Hey Guys,

After latest up to firmware v1.0.7.68_2.0.25 the option "Access Control" is broken. It can no longer be accessed. When attempting to access this option, it takes a long time loading to finally show a broken page as you can see in the picture attached. I tried different browsers to no avail and when you run the mouse over the little square face it says the following: "routerlogin.net didn’t send any data."

Any idea on how to resolve this issue?

accesscontrol.PNG

Message 1 of 46
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAXE500 - After latest firmware update v1.0.7.68_2.0.35

I tried it on mine and had the same issue in edge, chrome, and vivaldi. 

@Altsai 

Message 2 of 46
alekbrooks
Star

Oh brother! It's a shame this is happening, I tried again today on all most popular browsers to no avail. @netgear when are you going to address this issue. This is so annoying to say the least. So much for an flag-ship device like this one.
Message 3 of 46
plemans
Guru

The .68 firmware was just rolled out. It might take them a bit to see the issue and address it

Message 4 of 46
Adewale
Luminary

after that update, been unable to log into the router mgt interface both on a pc and in the nighthawk app

this my be my last netgear purchase

Message 5 of 46
plemans
Guru

with any flagship router, you're going to see bugs on releases. I've seen it from netgear, tp-link, asus, etc. 

Feel free to try other manufacturers but the rollout of 6E has been a bit of a struggle for them all. 

Message 6 of 46
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello alekbrooks & Adewale, 

Have you had a moment to perform a factory reset after the firmware update? Looking forward to hearing back!

In the meantime I have reported this to our engineering team for further investigation.

Christian 

Message 7 of 46
alekbrooks
Star

@Christian_R,
Yes, I did the hard reset and factory reset twice to no avail at all. This issue estarted after the latest firmware update. It's also unable to block any device in the app as well. I did my homework before I came here. I have two of these devices with the same issue after the update. I'd really appreiciate your assistance here in reporting this. Feel free to contact me for more details.
Message 8 of 46
highband678
Tutor

I applied the new firmware update v1.0.7.68_2.0.35     My access control screen is now broke.  In fact, it disconnects my entire browser based session,  no screens work  after clicking access control.   I have to sign back in.

My system was set to not allow new devices to connect, now I can't grant new device access

Message 9 of 46
plemans
Guru

heard from a mod that there's a fix in testing for this specific issue. 

Shouldn't take to long before the general release

Message 10 of 46
alekbrooks
Star

Hopefully they don't take long. Other menus inside the UI is shows yhe same error.
Message 11 of 46
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Community Users, 

We currently have a beta firmware available that may help resolve this issue. If you're interested in the beta firmware, please send me a private message with your email address and serial number. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Regards,

Christian 

Message 12 of 46
alekbrooks
Star

@christian,
Of course a solution to this issue is all what we need. In my case I have been struggling with this device ever since I bought it. What are the pros and cons regarding this beta version and when an official version is going to be available? Another thing I want to report is that the Nighthowk app shows a very poor signal information regardless the distance the clients are from the router. All the devices in 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz are in the same room as the router and the app shows a low signal. See the attachament
Message 13 of 46
Nuegear
Aspirant

Christain,

I am having the same issue. Updated firmware to V1.0.7.68_2.0.35 (GUI V1.0.7.68_2.1.46.1).

Is the beta working? I would like to fix this issue... ugh!

Thank you.

Message 14 of 46
Nuegear
Aspirant

Same problem when I just recently updated...

Firmware: V1.0.7.68_2.0.35

GUI: V1.0.7.68_2.1.46.1

Did you find a resolve. I am trying now with pro support. They want me to call them back?

Message 15 of 46
plemans
Guru

I've updated to the .69 beta firmware and can confirm the access control issue has been fixed on mine.
Message 16 of 46
alekbrooks
Star

Hey buddy,

I am a little lost with the beta version. What version number does it say? 

Do you see any problems with the nighthawk app regarding the intensity of the signal display? On mine it always shows the intensity of the signal on each device always low regarding whether it is just 4 feet away from the router

Message 17 of 46
plemans
Guru

the actual version number is v1.0.7.69

I haven't had any signal/strength issues on mine so I can't attest to the issue you're having

Message 18 of 46
alekbrooks
Star

Thanks buddy! Please see the attachment just so you have an Idea.
Message 19 of 46
alekbrooks
Star

Here is the file
Message 20 of 46
Nuegear
Aspirant

Christian, Alex & Community...awesome thank yous for your responses...I will try to update to the beta (.69) firmware...do I get off of Netgear's site?

Tim
Message 21 of 46
Nuegear
Aspirant

Alek...I have also always gotten the low signal icon as well...even when right next to the router

🙂
Message 22 of 46
plemans
Guru

@Nuegear wrote:
Christian, Alex & Community...awesome thank yous for your responses...I will try to update to the beta (.69) firmware...do I get off of Netgear's site?

Tim

No. its a beta firmware. PM @Christian_R  with the details asked for prior for access to the firmware. 

Message 23 of 46
alekbrooks
Star

The signal seems to be OK, however, the signal icon in the app shows as as if you're very far from the rounter as when you start losing signal due to distance. Please, when you have time, see the picture I've attached. @Christian_R maybe you guys should look into that as well.
Message 24 of 46
alekbrooks
Star

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello Community Users, 

We currently have a beta firmware available that may help resolve this issue. If you're interested in the beta firmware, please send me a private message with your email address and serial number. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Regards,

Christian 

Message 25 of 46
Discussion stats
  • 45 replies
  • 14 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7